SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV Customizations (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Can't get comskip working (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31554)

belleboyd 03-18-2008 08:41 PM

Comskip dead on Client

I don't know what I've done wrong .... I installed the recent Sage releases (6.3.10) and Comskip is dead on my client. It works fine on the extenders and on the server .. but Sage can't see the edl files from the client. The VideoEdit tool by Bob Phoenix isn't working either. It also says it's can't see the .edl files. And if I try to recreate them - it says it can't write them to the folder. So I am thinking its some kind of permissions issue. Only - I changed nothing. I only installed 6.3.10 and I am using UNC paths (//servername/Drive/folder)

Any suggestions? Is there some way to look in wiz.bin and see what paths it wants to have on the client? Maybe I made some change and didn't realize.

Thanks

Brent 03-18-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belleboyd (Post 272759)
I don't know what I've done wrong .... I installed the recent Sage releases (6.3.10) and Comskip is dead on my client. It works fine on the extenders and on the server .. but Sage can't see the edl files from the client. The VideoEdit tool by Bob Phoenix isn't working either. It also says it's can't see the .edl files. And if I try to recreate them - it says it can't write them to the folder. So I am thinking its some kind of permissions issue. Only - I changed nothing. I only installed 6.3.10 and I am using UNC paths (//servername/Drive/folder)

Any suggestions? Is there some way to look in wiz.bin and see what paths it wants to have on the client? Maybe I made some change and didn't realize.

Thanks

Assuming you're using service mode. I would check the following:

Go to control panel and services and open SageTV Services. My bet is that
the logon for SageTV services isn't set. I had this the other day and had to re-input my signon and password for SageTV service. Once I did that and restarted SageTV service everything was fine again.

EDIT: Mike explained this better in the next post (must be those 1300+ additional posts from experience) :)

MeInMaui 03-18-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belleboyd (Post 272759)

Thanks

In addition to what Brent said above, make sure the account you are logged in under on the client also exists as a member of the administrators group on the server (same username and password). To do this, create a new account on the server with the same name and password if it doesn't already exist. Then go to Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Manage Computer >> Local Users and Groups. Select Groups and double click on the Administrators group. Now add the new account to the group. Hopefully that will do it.

Aloha,
Mike

belleboyd 03-18-2008 09:45 PM

Thanks guys for the suggestions -- I made the changes but that didn't appear to be solve the issue. At least not immediately.

What I ended up doing was I took an older copy of wiz.bin and dropped it in the folder and now everything is back to normal. I don't quite get why that should have worked - I did the same thing when I updated. However - all is back to normal and I can stop obsessing about it.

Thanks for your help!
:clap: