SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageMC Custom Interface (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Managing SageMC across multiple HD200s (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44716)

Dingdul 10-12-2009 12:30 PM

Managing SageMC across multiple HD200s

I've produced my target customisation using an HD200 and now wish to migrate menu structures, layout etc to other units in the house. Are there any simple steps available to do this as thus far I've only succeeded in accessing the list of reworked main menu options by loading the XML file on the other units. Any help appreciated!

PLUCKYHD 10-12-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingdul (Post 386141)
I've produced my target customisation using an HD200 and now wish to migrate menu structures, layout etc to other units in the house. Are there any simple steps available to do this as thus far I've only succeeded in accessing the list of reworked main menu options by loading the XML file on the other units. Any help appreciated!

sagetv\sagevt\clients folder will have the xml saved. You have to find the on you want (probably the largest) and copy it out of the folder and back in with the same name (mac address) as your other clients.xml in that folder.

gplasky 10-12-2009 12:46 PM

If you did all the configuration from the HD100 then all you need to do from each HD200 is load the sagemc_menu.xml (or whatever you renamed it) on every HD200 and load the same sagemc_169-x.xml that you original HD200 is using. Where x represents the number of plugins loaded. Sage increments the number automatically each time you load a plugin. So it could be, for example, load sagemc_169-6.xml at each HD200. Now they should all loook and act the same.

Gerry

briands 10-12-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gplasky (Post 386144)
If you did all the configuration from the HD100 then all you need to do from each HD200 is load the sagemc_menu.xml (or whatever you renamed it) on every HD200 and load the same sagemc_169-x.xml that you original HD200 is using. Where x represents the number of plugins loaded. Sage increments the number automatically each time you load a plugin. So it could be, for example, load sagemc_169-6.xml at each HD200. Now they should all loook and act the same.

Gerry

I don't think this will necessary pick up all of your settinge. For instance, my extenders use the same STV, but I have the fonts larger on one of them (and a different weather setting on the menu) since it is used on and SD tv.
You will also need to go to the Sage MC options screen and back up the Sage MC options and also need to save the menu file.

gplasky 10-13-2009 04:18 AM

Correct. Font settings are stored in the .properties files. So if there are other .properties specific settings you would probably need to copy and rename. Most plugins will write their settings to the client's .properties so you may need to configure a plugin after choosing to use a common .STV. For me I only have to copy the Movietimes plugin settings because you really can't configure it from a client. And I don't change font sizes so I had no need for that either.

Gerry