SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV v7 Customizations (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Plugin: Stats for SageTV Web Interface (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61811)

skiingwiz 11-23-2014 10:48 AM

Plugin: Stats for SageTV Web Interface
 
1 Attachment(s)
I threw this together for myself, so I figured I might as well package it up as a plugin. It adds a new page to the SageTV Web Interface with two charts showing some things I found interesting about my recording habits.

As this was only a quick project, I can't promise much from it. But if there are suggestions for more charts that pique my interest, I may add them.

Charts are from chartjs.org

Skirge01 11-23-2014 11:02 AM

That's pretty damn cool! I currently have a spreadsheet I manually update with new/changed favorites, showing what channel everything is on, if it's ending and when or has already ended, as well as the package it's on. I use that to know whether or not we need to continue with our current TV package or can up/down-grade. Your graphs serve a very similar purpose.

skiingwiz 11-23-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skirge01 (Post 567792)
That's pretty damn cool! I currently have a spreadsheet I manually update with new/changed favorites, showing what channel everything is on, if it's ending and when or has already ended, as well as the package it's on. I use that to know whether or not we need to continue with our current TV package or can up/down-grade. Your graphs serve a very similar purpose.

Yes, that's the exact reason I started creating these.

matt91 11-24-2014 10:34 AM

Will this display historic data from the wiz.bin? or only for new recordings going forward?

jt4242 11-24-2014 05:46 PM

Sorry if this is an obvious question but....is the plugin available? If so, where? I've searched around a bit but can't find it and it looks like something I could have fun with (and be horrified by when I see how many hours I've spent watching and recording!!)

thanks!

skiingwiz 11-25-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt91 (Post 567823)
Will this display historic data from the wiz.bin? or only for new recordings going forward?

It uses the SageTV API, so it is pulling historical data from the wiz.bin.

skiingwiz 11-25-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt4242 (Post 567828)
Sorry if this is an obvious question but....is the plugin available? If so, where? I've searched around a bit but can't find it and it looks like something I could have fun with (and be horrified by when I see how many hours I've spent watching and recording!!)

thanks!

It is available from the plugin manager in SageTV version 7. In the "General" section, it is listed as "Stats for SageTV Web Interface".

I hope that helps you find it.

jt4242 11-26-2014 01:52 AM

I swear I looked there and didn't see it - now I do - sorry to have been so blind!

matt91 11-26-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt4242 (Post 567866)
I swear I looked there and didn't see it - now I do - sorry to have been so blind!

but now sourceforge seems to be down (again). can't install it until it's back up. :bang:

skiingwiz 11-26-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt91 (Post 567876)
but now sourceforge seems to be down (again). can't install it until it's back up. :bang:

Back up now. I only moved over to sourceforge when google code stopped allowing downloads.

stanger89 03-06-2015 04:10 PM

So it's cool that it gives you the number, but has anyone found a way to figure out what those shows/recordings are?

pjpjpjpj 03-08-2015 05:49 PM

Does this require a reboot? I just installed it (via an extender) and it's not showing up (I'd try rebooting myself but the kids are watching something)

stanger89 03-08-2015 07:35 PM

Yeah, I had to restart to get it to work. I think it's only loaded by the webserver on startup.

skiingwiz 03-12-2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanger89 (Post 569348)
So it's cool that it gives you the number, but has anyone found a way to figure out what those shows/recordings are?

Nothing like that in there currently, but it's certainly something I can add.

david1234 03-15-2015 09:35 PM

This is cool. if you change the by time chart to 2 hour intervals it's ordering the times in ascii order, but I can still read it, so I'm good :)

skiingwiz 03-17-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david1234 (Post 569833)
This is cool. if you change the by time chart to 2 hour intervals it's ordering the times in ascii order, but I can still read it, so I'm good :)

:eek2: When I can find some time, I'll fix that.

skiingwiz 04-03-2015 08:25 AM

New version is available (v1.1.0)
  • Fix time ordering on Recordings by Time of Day
  • Add new chart for popular shows by channel

Check out the new chart.

I'm not a web designer, so feedback is welcome.

pjpjpjpj 04-06-2015 10:14 AM

Love it, thanks for the hard work.

One request: in the "customize" portion at the bottom, could you add a checkbox (or drop-down yes/no, or whatever's easiest to put in) for "Hide 'Other'"?

The reason is that, in my ranking of shows, "Other" is way more than everything else. I don't know what all falls into "Other" (I do have one daily manual recording, it's probably that, but may include other stuff as well). But when I look at my hours, "Other" is like 6x more than everything else, so it skews the graph such that the vertical scale is really large and all the other shows are just little blips across the bottom. If "Other" could be omitted, I'd get a much better "scaling" of the numbers, if that makes sense.

skiingwiz 04-06-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj (Post 570904)
Love it, thanks for the hard work.

One request: in the "customize" portion at the bottom, could you add a checkbox (or drop-down yes/no, or whatever's easiest to put in) for "Hide 'Other'"?

The reason is that, in my ranking of shows, "Other" is way more than everything else. I don't know what all falls into "Other" (I do have one daily manual recording, it's probably that, but may include other stuff as well). But when I look at my hours, "Other" is like 6x more than everything else, so it skews the graph such that the vertical scale is really large and all the other shows are just little blips across the bottom. If "Other" could be omitted, I'd get a much better "scaling" of the numbers, if that makes sense.

Good suggestion. I will add that. I may actually hide the "Other" by default, since your situation is probably similar for most people. My charts look similar, so it's good for me too.

skiingwiz 04-18-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiingwiz (Post 570922)
Good suggestion. I will add that. I may actually hide the "Other" by default, since your situation is probably similar for most people. My charts look similar, so it's good for me too.

Version 1.2.0 is now available and adds this functionality. The 'Other' category is now hidden by default. Use the 'Customize this Chart' link to show the 'Other' category if desired.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.