SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV EPG Service (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Preserving EPG History (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65053)

xjim1 10-02-2017 10:38 PM

Preserving EPG History

Is there a way to maintain past program guide information for more than a couple days?

I frequently want to look at EPG history when I want to find out why a program didn't record. I may not discover it for several days.

Thanks for the help.

xjim1 10-07-2017 08:17 AM

Anyone? No? Maybe a parameter in the properties file? :clap:

Preserving up to 7 days history would be nice.

graywolf 10-07-2017 10:40 AM

With the Web UI you are able to perform EPG Searches in the past.

BobPhoenix 10-07-2017 10:58 AM

Quite true but EPG data is only kept for about 2 days back unless the airing was recorded. I've always wanted more than that myself.

Fuzzy 10-07-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobPhoenix (Post 610951)
Quite true but EPG data is only kept for about 2 days back unless the airing was recorded. I've always wanted more than that myself.

I don't believe I've ever seen a setting for this (and honestly, I'm not entirely sure where in the code this maintenance is performed).

BobPhoenix 10-07-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 610968)
I don't believe I've ever seen a setting for this (and honestly, I'm not entirely sure where in the code this maintenance is performed).

I'm just going by the fact that shows I saw but didn't record several days before were not searchable and the regular guide will scroll back but only about 2 days give or take a few hours. But I will try to make note of one in particular and post back here what it is and when it disappears from the search and guide listings.

OK got one I haven't recorded before and on local broadcaster so may not show up on a national in next 4 days:
Desperado (1995) airs on Sat 7/10 at 7pm and Sun 10/8 at 12pm. Notice EPG error in ratings on this TV14 for Sat but TVMA for Sun. not sure if that will skew anything or not. Also just realized it IS a national network channel CW so is national but only on CW here anyway. Hopefully stays that way for a week or more.

wnjj 10-07-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 610968)

Looks like a constant parameter in Wizard.java. Should be easy to change or make into a GUI or at least a properties file setting.

Code:

private static final long KILL_AGE = Sage.MILLIS_PER_DAY*2;
There's a SERVER_KILL_AGE for standalone mode too. I assume that's only for extenders and not used anymore?

xjim1 10-07-2017 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobPhoenix (Post 610970)
I'm just going by the fact that shows I saw but didn't record several days before were not searchable and the regular guide will scroll back but only about 2 days give or take a few hours. But I will try to make note of one in particular and post back here what it is and when it disappears from the search and guide listings.

OK got one I haven't recorded before and on local broadcaster so may not show up on a national in next 4 days:
Desperado (1995) airs on Sat 7/10 at 7pm and Sun 10/8 at 12pm. Notice EPG error in ratings on this TV14 for Sat but TVMA for Sun. not sure if that will skew anything or not. Also just realized it IS a national network channel CW so is national but only on CW here anyway. Hopefully stays that way for a week or more.

Web UI not withstanding, I'll bet you won't find it after 2+ days unless you recorded it. Then it will show up forever in past recordings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnjj (Post 610972)
Looks like a constant parameter in Wizard.java. Should be easy to change or make into a GUI or at least a properties file setting.

Code:

private static final long KILL_AGE = Sage.MILLIS_PER_DAY*2;
There's a SERVER_KILL_AGE for standalone mode too. I assume that's only for extenders and not used anymore?

Sounds like you found it. :goodjob: Since I can't find the file, I assume it's compiled into the Sage application?

I'm happy to submit a feature request, assuming Sage is still being developed.

Thanks much for all the responses.

wnjj 10-07-2017 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjim1 (Post 610983)
Sounds like you found it. :goodjob: Since I can't find the file, I assume it's compiled into the Sage application?

I'm happy to submit a feature request, assuming Sage is still being developed.

Thanks much for all the responses.

Yeah. Java files compile into sage.jar. It (sage.properties option) would be an easy change for someone to make when fixing other stuff. Adding a UI option is the next level of difficulty and probably not needed anyway since few would want to change it.

Compiling sage.jar to test it out is relatively easy, even for novices.

BobPhoenix 10-07-2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjim1 (Post 610983)
Web UI not withstanding, I'll bet you won't find it after 2+ days unless you recorded it. Then it will show up forever in past recordings.

That's exactly what I expect too.