SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV Studio (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What resolution to develop STV at? (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63683)

CollegeProject 11-07-2016 03:07 PM

What resolution to develop STV at?

I have my sagetv windows set to 1280 x 720 as it was my understanding that's the max the miniclient on android could display at. Is this not correct? I am noticing major differences in my computer dev and my tv display.

stuckless 11-07-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollegeProject (Post 595168)
I have my sagetv windows set to 1280 x 720 as it was my understanding that's the max the miniclient on android could display at. Is this not correct? I am noticing major differences in my computer dev and my tv display.

What are the differences? Android client actually renders at TV native resolution, although I suspect, internally sagetv might be rendering a smaller UI and just sending the commands to scale it up to the TV resolution.

bialio 11-07-2016 03:47 PM

My PC that I develop on is set at 960x540. I've never had trouble. You do need to make sure you have the TV set to as close to max resolution as possible - by default some tv's will scale stuff weirdly.

CollegeProject 11-07-2016 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuckless (Post 595170)
What are the differences? Android client actually renders at TV native resolution, although I suspect, internally sagetv might be rendering a smaller UI and just sending the commands to scale it up to the TV resolution.

It was my understanding the max the miniclient supported was 720p and upscaled form there (hd300) may be different for android. I am talking UI rendering not video playback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bialio (Post 595172)
My PC that I develop on is set at 960x540. I've never had trouble. You do need to make sure you have the TV set to as close to max resolution as possible - by default some tv's will scale stuff weirdly.

ok I will try 960x540 in my development thank you for that I'll see if I get better results. Just scaling fanart and stuff I try to get as close as possible to original aspect so when I saw it on the tv I was like no no no :bang::bang:

stuckless 11-07-2016 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollegeProject (Post 595175)
It was my understanding the max the miniclient supported was 720p and upscaled form there (hd300) may be different for android. I am talking UI rendering not video playback.

Yeah, I'm taking UI. The miniclient tells SageTV what it's window size is... i tell sagetv that it's the same as native tv. (there is an option in the minicient to set it half native as well, which means the android client will upscale the UI after rendering it.