SageTV Community

SageTV Community (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php)
-   SageTV v7 Customizations (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Plugin: InControl For SageTV/HomeSeer (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50370)

lamanmi 10-04-2010 05:44 PM

All,

I have added an expiremental feature to display pictures in the messages sent to Sage. This feature is available from the InControl Plugin Screen (Send Msg Link), the Sage Message Action within a HomeSeer Event and of course through HomeSeer Script as follows:

hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageMessageByID "1000_0","Motion has been detected in the driveway","10","c:\program files\camera\motion.jpg"

The file name specified must be accessible to the Sage Server (for messages to the server, placeshifters or extenders) or the Sage Client (for messages sent to a Sage Client). It can be a UNC path such as "\\Server\C\ProgramFiles\Camera\Motion.jpg"

http://www.lamansoft.com/snapshots/messagewithpic.jpg

Please give it a try and let me know how it works.

lamanmi 10-04-2010 05:49 PM

Moskus,

1.3.4 how has a feature to send any Sage API command through either the HomeSeer Action (Send Sage API) or the following HomeSeer script. To do a rescan of the library, just do the following:

hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageAPIByID "1000_0","RunLibraryImportScan"

Of course, replace the Sage ID above (1000_0) with your Sage server Sage ID. Let me know how it works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moskus (Post 450970)
Wish:
HomeSeer script command to initiate a rescan of the SageTV library. :)

Email68 10-04-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamanmi (Post 453862)
Email68,

Are you using Sage TV as a service?

Yes, I'm using it as a service on WHS.

I just updated to your latest on both the homeseer and sagetv.

How do I completely remove the plug in on both platforms and start from scratch?

Thanks for the info.

-Tim

mbowling 10-04-2010 08:46 PM

Are there any fixes in the queue for the following two problems?

When the "Stop" button is pressed on the remote control, InControl interprets this as SageTV being turned on.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...1&postcount=25

A cryptic message is displayed in the InControl message box.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...5&postcount=22

Moskus 10-05-2010 07:39 AM

Two issues woth the version 1.3.4:
1. It adds two Event Triggers named "Panel Trigger" and "Panel Trigger2".
2. Pausing causes the device string and image to disappear completely.

lamanmi 10-05-2010 06:08 PM

Tim,

Please follow these steps in this order:
  • Turn off any Sage extenders, clients or placeshifters
  • Start up the Sage UI on your WHS
  • Go To Setup, Detailed Setup, Advanced, scroll down and click on the "Debug Logging" so it shows "On"
  • Go to Sage Plugin's and uninstall InControl UI Mod
  • Go to In Sage Plugin's and uninstall InControl JAR General
  • Shut down the Sage Service
  • Close Sage and edit the c:\program files\SageTV\SageTV\sage.properties and remove any lines begining with "lamansoft"
  • Close HomeSeer
  • Delete the C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\hspi_InControl.ini file
  • Start up HomeSeer
  • Start up the Sage Service
  • Start up Sage UI on your WHS
  • Install the Sage InControl plugin (it will prompt to restart)
  • Go to the Control option and follow the wizard

Let me know if it works then for your Sage Server and then we can go from there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Email68 (Post 453898)
Yes, I'm using it as a service on WHS.

I just updated to your latest on both the homeseer and sagetv.

How do I completely remove the plug in on both platforms and start from scratch?

Thanks for the info.

-Tim

lamanmi 10-05-2010 06:10 PM

mBowling,

I found the first one and it will be corrected in the next version. Also, added a feature while I was at it to add "Stop" also as an event that can be tracked.

For the second one, I am unable to recreate the second one, can you reproduce it? If so, can you turn on Sage Debug log, reproduce the issue and send it to me?

Thanks!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbowling (Post 453908)
Are there any fixes in the queue for the following two problems?

When the "Stop" button is pressed on the remote control, InControl interprets this as SageTV being turned on.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...1&postcount=25

A cryptic message is displayed in the InControl message box.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...5&postcount=22

lamanmi 10-05-2010 06:11 PM

Moskus,

First one will be fixed in the next version. For the second one, does the graphic and string show OK for Playing, On and Off? Did you select the checkbox to show the "Currently Playing"?

Thanks!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moskus (Post 453960)
Two issues woth the version 1.3.4:
1. It adds two Event Triggers named "Panel Trigger" and "Panel Trigger2".
2. Pausing causes the device string and image to disappear completely.

Email68 10-06-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamanmi (Post 453862)
Email68,

Are you using Sage TV as a service?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamanmi (Post 454130)
Tim,

Please follow these steps in this order:
  • Turn off any Sage extenders, clients or placeshifters
  • Start up the Sage UI on your WHS
  • Go To Setup, Detailed Setup, Advanced, scroll down and click on the "Debug Logging" so it shows "On"
  • Go to Sage Plugin's and uninstall InControl UI Mod
  • Go to In Sage Plugin's and uninstall InControl JAR General
  • Shut down the Sage Service
  • Close Sage and edit the c:\program files\SageTV\SageTV\sage.properties and remove any lines begining with "lamansoft"
  • Close HomeSeer
  • Delete the C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\hspi_InControl.ini file
  • Start up HomeSeer
  • Start up the Sage Service
  • Start up Sage UI on your WHS
  • Install the Sage InControl plugin (it will prompt to restart)
  • Go to the Control option and follow the wizard

Let me know if it works then for your Sage Server and then we can go from there.

I followed these steps and the UI on the WHS I was able to get a ID of 1003 and it worked fine.

Then I moved to one of my HD300 extenders and this time it had the correct IP address, sage send port, and it added a number to the sage receive port to the next available. It wanted me to click to set the HS Connection, the little hour glass circle thing spun for a moment, but the ID never populated the screen. Still shows click to set.

Back on the homeseer screen however, it shows the next id 1004 associated with the correct sage receive port.

Another piece of info. At this point all my lighting is delayed. For example, if I go to the device page in homeseer and turn off a light, nothing happens for like 20 seconds. I had to disable the InControl plugin in Homeseer to get back to normal operation.

-Tim

Moskus 10-06-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamanmi (Post 454132)
For the second one, does the graphic and string show OK for Playing, On and Off? Did you select the checkbox to show the "Currently Playing"?

The "Currently Playing" is a very nice feature, thanks! :)

But the device string and image is still gone when I pause. Checking the "Currently Playing" removes the Image as well (I'm guessing it's happening since it you're setting the device string after you set the device value).

In the device settings I see only three status codes with strings, and there's nothing for "Pause":
20 = "On"
21 = "Off"
22 = "Playing"

mbowling 10-07-2010 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamanmi (Post 454131)
For the second one, I am unable to recreate the second one, can you reproduce it? If so, can you turn on Sage Debug log, reproduce the issue and send it to me?

The log file is attached.

The first message is displayed normally. This message remained displayed on the TV.

Call From: Mike And Holly -

I then opened the front door which fired a HomeSeer event to change the device status of the front door to "Open". After a short wait of 20 or 30 seconds, the following message replaced the first message.

@HAMONINIT;8701;Living Room Front Door;Living Room;Front Door;Open;10/7/2010 7:38 PM;-1;door;N;N;door_on.gif;0;2;Closed;END

lamanmi 10-08-2010 03:38 PM

I see the problem, you can fix it if you want to "Delete" the device from the InControl screen and re-add it. Otherwise, it will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for catching that one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moskus (Post 454239)
The "Currently Playing" is a very nice feature, thanks! :)

But the device string and image is still gone when I pause. Checking the "Currently Playing" removes the Image as well (I'm guessing it's happening since it you're setting the device string after you set the device value).

In the device settings I see only three status codes with strings, and there's nothing for "Pause":
20 = "On"
21 = "Off"
22 = "Playing"

lamanmi 10-08-2010 03:43 PM

Tim,

In the InControl screen on homeseer, what IP address was it showing for your HD300? Do you have your HD300 setup with DHCP or a static IP address? Can you try pinging that IP address?

Typically if there is a delay in sending, it is because homeseer is no longer able to find what was once a valid IP address. I will check the code on that one to try to avoid that issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Email68 (Post 454228)
I followed these steps and the UI on the WHS I was able to get a ID of 1003 and it worked fine.

Then I moved to one of my HD300 extenders and this time it had the correct IP address, sage send port, and it added a number to the sage receive port to the next available. It wanted me to click to set the HS Connection, the little hour glass circle thing spun for a moment, but the ID never populated the screen. Still shows click to set.

Back on the homeseer screen however, it shows the next id 1004 associated with the correct sage receive port.

Another piece of info. At this point all my lighting is delayed. For example, if I go to the device page in homeseer and turn off a light, nothing happens for like 20 seconds. I had to disable the InControl plugin in Homeseer to get back to normal operation.

-Tim

Email68 10-08-2010 05:34 PM

I've been putting in the IP of the Sage server not each extender. I guess thats the problem?

The extenders are on DHCP.

Do I need to make them static?

-Tim

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamanmi (Post 455072)
Tim,

In the InControl screen on homeseer, what IP address was it showing for your HD300? Do you have your HD300 setup with DHCP or a static IP address? Can you try pinging that IP address?

Typically if there is a delay in sending, it is because homeseer is no longer able to find what was once a valid IP address. I will check the code on that one to try to avoid that issue.

lamanmi 10-08-2010 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you click on the exctender to get to the details screen, does the "Media Player IP" show the correct IP for your extender (at least the one it has now)? See attached.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Email68 (Post 455087)
I've been putting in the IP of the Sage server not each extender. I guess thats the problem?

The extenders are on DHCP.

Do I need to make them static?

-Tim

Email68 10-08-2010 06:26 PM

Yes, it does show the correct IP address.

But I also have several other extenders listed and one of them has the same IP.

How do I delete all of these and start over?

Thanks

-Tim

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamanmi (Post 455072)
Tim,

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamanmi (Post 455105)
If you click on the exctender to get to the details screen, does the "Media Player IP" show the correct IP for your extender (at least the one it has now)? See attached.

Email68 10-08-2010 11:49 PM

I was able to delete the file in HS that keep all the properties.

Now I have one extender working fine. I reserved the IP in the router so it will stay the same, its still set for DHCP.

I'm kinda nervous the setup another extender. I'll reserve the IP on a the second one to see if that helps.

Thanks for the assistance this far.

-Tim

lamanmi 10-09-2010 05:18 AM

Tim,

Great news.....let me know how it goes.

Michael

Quote:

Originally Posted by Email68 (Post 455168)
I was able to delete the file in HS that keep all the properties.

Now I have one extender working fine. I reserved the IP in the router so it will stay the same, its still set for DHCP.

I'm kinda nervous the setup another extender. I'll reserve the IP on a the second one to see if that helps.

Thanks for the assistance this far.

-Tim

Email68 10-09-2010 01:15 PM

I can't get it to work. Whenever I try to add a second extender the plug-in assigns the same HS ID and the receive port over and over again.

I've deleted the homeseer ini files and removed the settings in the sage.properties a couple of times, removed and reinstalled the plugin in sage and homeseer, rebooted the sage and homeseer servers, nothing helps.

I have a homeseer computer at 10.0.1.160 and a sage server at 10.0.1.180 and four HD300 extenders which are now statically IP'd.

Gonna need some hand holding at this point ;-(

lamanmi 10-09-2010 02:00 PM

Tim,

Lets get some log files going. First please try to clear your settings again. You can check out This Link for a complete set of instructions.

Then to enable your log files, please review This Link. You only need to follow the process until you get the issue on the first extender.

Thanks!

Email68 10-09-2010 03:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the sage tv log.

I could not locate the homeseer log.

What happened this time was, the system gave the same ID and receive port on the second extender setup.

See the photo attached. It shows the 1001_1 and the 1001_2 both with the same receive port. Those are HD300 extenders. The IP address are correct when I click on them to check.

Hope this helps.

-Tim

lamanmi 10-09-2010 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, let me look through this. In the mean time for HS, check your setup to make sure debug logging is enabled. See attached.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Email68 (Post 455351)
Here is the sage tv log.

I could not locate the homeseer log.

What happened this time was, the system gave the same ID and receive port on the second extender setup.

See the photo attached. It shows the 1001_1 and the 1001_2 both with the same receive port. Those are HD300 extenders. The IP address are correct when I click on them to check.

Hope this helps.

-Tim

Email68 10-10-2010 10:50 PM

Michael,

Thanks for getting my problems worked out.

Now a feature request. Is there anyway to have the program you are watching keep playing in a smaller window in the corner like it does when browsing main menu or the video menus?

This would be great if you wanted to adjust the lighting w/o the movie pausing.

-Tim

lamanmi 10-11-2010 03:28 PM

Tim,

Thanks for the suggestion. One question, I also had someone suggest having a transparent panel that overlays the bottom portion of the screen to control devices. Which do you think would be better?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Email68 (Post 455622)
Michael,

Thanks for getting my problems worked out.

Now a feature request. Is there anyway to have the program you are watching keep playing in a smaller window in the corner like it does when browsing main menu or the video menus?

This would be great if you wanted to adjust the lighting w/o the movie pausing.

-Tim

Email68 10-11-2010 04:06 PM

I like the transparency idea better. That would be great.

-Tim

mbowling 10-11-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamanmi (Post 455801)
Fixed issue where "Stop" was triggering the Sage On event
Fixed issue that caused the messages appearing on Sage to display internal system messages replacing the actual message

Confirmed that both of these issues have been fixed on my system running InControl 1.3.5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamanmi (Post 455801)
I have added an experimental feature to display pictures in the messages sent to Sage.

I'm using this feature to display a picture of known callers using caller ID. For unknown callers, a picture of a whimsical ringing telephone is displayed. It's working great.

Thank you!

mbowling 10-12-2010 01:51 PM

Feature Suggestion

Michael, I'm not sure if this fits into your product road map, but I can see where an alert notification icon in the SageTV menu header might be a useful feature.

I currently send weather alerts, caller ID and other information using SendSageMessageByName, but the messages are only seen if the TV is on. For many messages it is fine if they are not seen because the TV is off. For more important messages it would be nice to have an additional parameter added to the SendSageMessageByID and SendSageMessageByName commands so specific messages could be configured to turn on an alert icon if the TV was not on when the message was sent. Maybe the text of the alert could be viewed in the System Messages section?

lamanmi 10-12-2010 04:38 PM

Great to hear the other items have been fixed. Let me add your idea below to the list. That should be doable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbowling (Post 456067)
Michael, I'm not sure if this fits into your product road map, but I can see where an alert notification icon in the SageTV menu header might be a useful feature.

I currently send weather alerts, caller ID and other information using SendSageMessageByName, but the messages are only seen if the TV is on. For many messages it is fine if they are not seen because the TV is off. For more important messages it would be nice to have an additional parameter added to the SendSageMessageByID and SendSageMessageByName commands so specific messages could be configured to turn on an alert icon if the TV was not on when the message was sent. Maybe the text of the alert could be viewed in the System Messages section?

mbowling 10-12-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamanmi (Post 456117)
I have added an experimental feature to display pictures in the messages sent to Sage.

I noticed one issue when displaying a message that includes a picture. If a show is not playing, the message and picture are displayed normally, but there is no "Close" button to close the message. Selecting "Ok" on the remote does close the message.

pvrnorth 10-13-2010 08:36 AM

Hi,

I'm trying out Incontrol. I've successfully set it up on my sageTV server / homeseer computer, but on a PC running sageTV client, when I enter the ip address of the sageTV server in the configuration screen, it always shows it as invalid. Are there any ports/firewall settings I need to configure? (Note that I can bring up the homeseer webpage in a browser of the client computer using the same IP address)

[As another note, I also tried it on another client, and the plugin didn't install correctly (didn't ask to restart UI, and after I manually restarted sageClient, it still didn't show up), so I will need to try to uninstall and reinstall the plugin on this machine.]

Email68 10-13-2010 08:46 AM

Possible bug. When you have one of the extenders show up as an InControl device it properly shows On/Off condition of the extender. It shows when playing and paused and the show title. However, when reach the end of the show the status field goes blank.'

Just an FYI

-Tim

lamanmi 10-13-2010 05:02 PM

Pvrnorth,

The plugin does use network port (TCP) communication between to/from the HomeSeer server. The best technique is to temporarily turn the firewall off on both the HomeSeer server and the Sage Client/Server and then give it a try. If that resolves your problem, you will want to allow in/out TCP communication of ports 10990-10993 between HomeSeer and Sage Client/Server.

If you still have problems after temporarily disabling the firewall on both servers/PCs, just let me know.

For the install, it almost seems like the plugin did not fully download, so uninstalling and reinstalling is a good first step.

Michael

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvrnorth (Post 456286)
Hi,

I'm trying out Incontrol. I've successfully set it up on my sageTV server / homeseer computer, but on a PC running sageTV client, when I enter the ip address of the sageTV server in the configuration screen, it always shows it as invalid. Are there any ports/firewall settings I need to configure? (Note that I can bring up the homeseer webpage in a browser of the client computer using the same IP address)

[As another note, I also tried it on another client, and the plugin didn't install correctly (didn't ask to restart UI, and after I manually restarted sageClient, it still didn't show up), so I will need to try to uninstall and reinstall the plugin on this machine.]

lamanmi 10-13-2010 05:05 PM

Tim,

Can you try to deleting the device by clicking "Delete Device" and then just re-check the "Create as HomeSeer Device" and clicking Save. I believe the issue came from when I upgraded versions and added new values/graphics and it is not properly detecting the change on startup to reset them.

Let me know.
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Email68 (Post 456288)
Possible bug. When you have one of the extenders show up as an InControl device it properly shows On/Off condition of the extender. It shows when playing and paused and the show title. However, when reach the end of the show the status field goes blank.'

Just an FYI

-Tim

lamanmi 10-13-2010 05:11 PM

Mike,

How big is the picture you are sending and how many lines of text is in the messagebox on Sage? Just wondering if the Close button is going off the bottom of the screen?

Let me know, this one should be pretty easy to fix.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbowling (Post 456212)
I noticed one issue when displaying a message that includes a picture. If a show is not playing, the message and picture are displayed normally, but there is no "Close" button to close the message. Selecting "Ok" on the remote does close the message.

mbowling 10-13-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamanmi (Post 456426)
How big is the picture you are sending and how many lines of text is in the messagebox on Sage? Just wondering if the Close button is going off the bottom of the screen?

One picture was 1600 x 1200 and the other was 600 x 600. Both were used with one line of text. I was unable to see the Close button with either picture. I created a test image that was 10 x 10 and I could see the Close button.

pvrnorth 10-14-2010 08:35 AM

Hi Michael,

Disabling the firewall on the homeseer/sage server worked (win7) worked for my windows 7 client pc, but not my windows xp client pc.

But when I re-enabled the firewall with 10990-10993 TCP ports open, the windows 7 client was unable to connect as well. It fails right when it asks for the name/ip of the server, even before you can specify the sockets. Is something else used for this first step that I need to open up in the firewall? (I also tried enabling 10990-10993 UDP ports)

For the windows xp client, when I try to connect, the homeseer log from incontrol is reporting that it can't communicate with a 169.*.*.* IP address, but all of my PCs have IPs of 192.168.2.*

Thanks,
Jeff

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamanmi (Post 456424)
Pvrnorth,

The plugin does use network port (TCP) communication between to/from the HomeSeer server. The best technique is to temporarily turn the firewall off on both the HomeSeer server and the Sage Client/Server and then give it a try. If that resolves your problem, you will want to allow in/out TCP communication of ports 10990-10993 between HomeSeer and Sage Client/Server.

If you still have problems after temporarily disabling the firewall on both servers/PCs, just let me know.

For the install, it almost seems like the plugin did not fully download, so uninstalling and reinstalling is a good first step.

Michael

pvrnorth 10-17-2010 05:31 PM

Ok, I figured out why my XP client couldn't connect even with the firewall disabled. It has two Network adapters. The 169.* adapter is for VPN software, and the 192.* adapter is the real local network that incontrol is using. Seems it is sending the IP address for the adapter it isn't using. When I disable the 169.* adapter it works. Is this something that can be fixed?

I still can't figure out the problem with my server's firewall. When the private firewall is disabled, Incontrol can logon, but when the firewall is enabled it can't. If I logon with the firewall disabled, and then enable it, the client can control homeseer until I shutdown SageClient, and then start it again. At this point it can't reconnect. Any ideas on what to allow in the firewall?

Thanks,
Jeff

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvrnorth (Post 456541)
Hi Michael,

Disabling the firewall on the homeseer/sage server worked (win7) worked for my windows 7 client pc, but not my windows xp client pc.

But when I re-enabled the firewall with 10990-10993 TCP ports open, the windows 7 client was unable to connect as well. It fails right when it asks for the name/ip of the server, even before you can specify the sockets. Is something else used for this first step that I need to open up in the firewall? (I also tried enabling 10990-10993 UDP ports)

For the windows xp client, when I try to connect, the homeseer log from incontrol is reporting that it can't communicate with a 169.*.*.* IP address, but all of my PCs have IPs of 192.168.2.*

Thanks,
Jeff

pvrnorth 10-25-2010 10:43 AM

Hi Michael,

Any suggestions on how to fix my firewall issues?

Thanks,
Jeff

nissse 10-29-2010 11:07 AM

Hello

I have tested this great software and i have some questions:

I have added one sagetv client and when it's on everything works great but when the client is off i get about 20 sec delay. Is this normal for everyone ?

I have tryed "Advanced Options: Delete All" and added the client again but same result.

Here is the log showing the delay:

Code:

2010-10-29 18:49:04  Info  Device: TellStick Sovrum taklampa (H1) (A16) ON
2010-10-29 18:49:23  InControl_Sage  TRACE: Exiting HSEvent
2010-10-29 18:49:23  TellStick  ----------First In Queue---------1
2010-10-29 18:49:24  TellStick  Sovrum taklampa (H1) Slogs på...
2010-10-29 18:49:24  InControl_Sage  TRACE: Entering HSEvent
2010-10-29 18:49:24  InControl_Sage  TRACE: Entering modMain_GetStatus
2010-10-29 18:49:24  InControl_Sage  TRACE: Entering modMain_SendMessage
2010-10-29 18:49:24  InControl_Sage  Ping Started 192.168.0.2
2010-10-29 18:49:24  InControl_Sage  Ping Completed 192.168.0.2
2010-10-29 18:49:24  InControl_Sage  Sending Init
2010-10-29 18:49:24  InControl_Sage  TRACE: Entering modMain_ProcessMessage_InitDevice
2010-10-29 18:49:24  InControl_Sage  TRACE: Entering modMain_SendCommandTCP
2010-10-29 18:49:24  InControl_Sage  modMain_SendCommandTCP: Message=INIT;8781;2 Sovrum Taklampa;2 Sovrum;Taklampa;On;2010-10-29 18:49;-1;light;N;Y;light_on.gif;100;2;;END

lamanmi 10-30-2010 09:50 AM

Jeff,

Does your homeseer and win 7/xp clients have static IP addresses or dynamic (DHCP addresses)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvrnorth (Post 458983)
Hi Michael,

Any suggestions on how to fix my firewall issues?

Thanks,
Jeff