SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Sage Icon

PlayBook 2.0 apps: STVRemote & TbSageTV

The PlayBook 2.0 OS can run Android applications. Since RIM were giving free PlayBook tablets to developers who ported their native Android apps to that platform, I went for it.

STVRemote (free app)

SageTV Remote is basically a Remote control to take over any of your SageTV 7 Client(s) and/or Extender(s), through the comfort of your PlayBook 2.0.

Detailed instructions are available about the native Android version TaSageTVRemote wiki, but are pretty much the same. Essentially you need to install/configure SageTCPServer from the SageTV 7 plugin interface. If your SageTV server is not on 192.168.0.100 (or if you have enabled the password protection), you will also need to configure STVRemote from the top-left icon.

This application is available for free on the BlackBerry App World. If you like it, consider upgrading to the full TbSageTV experience.

TbSageTV ($9.99)

Tallus blackBerry SageTV allows you to monitor your SageTV Server, by browsing your Favorites, Scheduled recordings, etc. It also doubles up as a remote control, to navigate all your Client(s) and/or Extender(s), start/stop/pause playback, etc. All this through the comfort of your PlayBook 2.0.

Streaming has been implemented through VLC, but actual playback is dependent on the installed media player on the PlayBook (which I couldn't test yet). You probably should not base your purchase solely on the streaming, as it's not obvious how good I will be able to make it work...

The instructions are provided on the native Android support wiki, but are pretty much the same. The latest version is available on the BlackBerry App World.

TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad

Last edited by Fonceur; 03-19-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Sage Icon

I got my free PlayBook, so I tweaked the UI a little. No luck so far on the streaming though...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 03-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

I tried the remote app on my Playbook. Seems to work fine. Very convenient to have control over SageTV while surfing the web on my playbook from the couch. Nice work!

Cheers
Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).