SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-26-2019, 10:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

'LivePD' Weird after server rebuild...

Had a hardware failure on my sage TV box and took the opportunity to do a fresh build. Pointed sage to the nas that I record to, and it found and recognized all the existing recordings, but 'LivePD' is weird. Shows up as a 3 hour show (which it is), that has already played through the first half (of the progress bar, but it shows the elapsed time as 1:58). It then has a yellow line about 1/3 the way from there to the end of the progress bar.
When you play it, it starts at the beginning of the recording, Plays and tracks forward and back just fine, but it's weird because it's EVERY one of the existing ones shows up like this. New episodes (since the rebuild) are all OK, and all the other old recordings, including really long ones, are all OK.

Again, not affecting playback, but if there's something I can do to make it look normal and show the right timing, I'd like to.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 01-27-2019, 03:00 AM
Sage Icon

The yellow mark in the progress bar shown in your photo is how Sage marks what it thinks is the scheduled end time. The area after that mark Sage thinks is extra padding. Most likely the metadata is screwed up.
Source:
Comcast Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250
Old 01-27-2019, 11:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks TIKI, anything I can do about it or just watch these episodes as they are and move forward? We're currently watching March of 2018 so we've got about 90 episodes like this...

If I can do something I'd like to, but not a terribly big deal if I can't. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2019, 09:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

So tonight we realized the one problem with this. If we watch past the yellow mark (which as you noted was the correct end point) and then stop, it doesn't remember where we stopped. When we restart and resume, it goes to the yellow mark.

WE usually watch through, but since we've got a TON of them, I'm sure we'll have a few that we stop, as well as our remote has the stop right under the forward, so I hit that by mistake about 1/10 of the time!

Anyway, if there's a way to reset the metadata or correct it somehow, let me know. If I can, I'd rather.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:07 PM
Sage Icon

On one of those bad files, what does the detailed show data display for start and stop times? Also, what are the created and modified time stamps on the actual files on disk? If they are off, you may be able to move the files to new folder, rescan the media, modify the time stamps with a third party program and then put them back so SageTV re-imports them.

This thread (https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65445) is a bit similar where files with bad modified dates were importing with a messed up time bar. Your issue is not the same cause but it does suggest that bad file dates can cause the weird progress bar upon import.

Last edited by wnjj; 01-28-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Good call, it shows

aired on Friday March 9 2018, 9:00pm-12:00am 3 hours
then
Recorded from 10:59PM to 1:58AM

Which is the offset we're seeing. I'll take a look at the file dates and see if there's anything I can do about it.

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBurke View Post
Good call, it shows

aired on Friday March 9 2018, 9:00pm-12:00am 3 hours
then
Recorded from 10:59PM to 1:58AM

Which is the offset we're seeing. I'll take a look at the file dates and see if there's anything I can do about it.

Thanks.
Narflex's comments in that thread indicated that if the file timestamps fall within the aired times it uses them. Try changing the modified date to anything else including today and then re-import. You may be able to 'touch' all of the files to cause them to use the airing times.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yup, file dates were screwy, which is weird since they weren't so much as MOVED when the sagetv system died. they just sat on that NAS till I got the new system built and then pointed at the nas... Fortunately, it was only about a dozen of them.

Downloaded 'bulk file changer' and changed the dates, moved, scanned, moved re-scanned, and all is well.

Thanks for all your help!
Old 01-29-2019, 07:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBurke View Post
Yup, file dates were screwy, which is weird since they weren't so much as MOVED when the sagetv system died. they just sat on that NAS till I got the new system built and then pointed at the nas... Fortunately, it was only about a dozen of them.

Downloaded 'bulk file changer' and changed the dates, moved, scanned, moved re-scanned, and all is well.

Thanks for all your help!
You're welcome and glad it's all sorted out.

They were probably messed up for whatever reason when they recorded. The metadata is written directly when they're recorded but when you re-import a show into a new setup, it uses both the metadata and the file dates to rebuild the times. I have many recordings where 'modified date' is the same as 'created date' (due to the bug in that thread) but they play fine. If I were to import them into a new system they would have the red/green bar syndrome.

Maybe we need a "use_only_metadata_on_import" setting?
Old 01-30-2019, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Very good info. I've had this issue in the past and never knew what caused it.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.