SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-29-2003, 02:40 AM

Duplicate enties in my video library

As said in title I have two enties for some of my library files. The first entry will not work while the second one will play fine. I believe this occurred because I reorginized my library directories. I moved some of my songs/videos to a new dir and then added it to Sage's library import dir list. It looks like Sage is caching the old enties somehow.

I have tried removing all of my SageTV library import dirs and restarting SageTV, but the old(nonworking) set of entries is still there. I have also gone thru the setup wizard again(I removed an unwanted channel). One of these two fixed the duplicate enties in my music library but still left the duplicate entries in my video library. I don't know which did it since I was only checking the Video library. I only later realized that the music library had been purged of the duplicate entires.

I used 1.4.7 for the tests I mentioned above. I noticed the same issue in 1.4.5 right before I left for vacation a week ago, so it is not isolated to the 1.4.7beta.

Please help, I don't want to lose my Wiz settings just to get rid of these false entries. I don't mind editting the wiz file to clear these entries, if someone can tell me how. Let me know if you wish logs I have just backed them up before this post.

Keep up the great work.

PS:I love the sleep on exit option.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Sage

To fix this just go to Channel Setup, then hit enter twice (add then remove a channel, or vice versa), then exit channel setup.

That'll cause an EPG update which'll 'cleanse' the database and remove all of those extraneous entries. This normally gets done at least every 24 hours as part of Sage's maintenance.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:49 PM

Thanx for the reply,
Quote:
To fix this just go to Channel Setup, then hit enter twice (add then remove a channel, or vice versa), then exit channel setup.
I should have stated that I tried this as well. The trip thru setup wizard ,that I mentioned in my first post, was tried after the channel setup method failed to cleanse the false entries.
Quote:
This normally gets done at least every 24 hours as part of Sage's maintenance.
These false entries were a part of the library when I left for vacation over a week ago. Maybe even longer, that was just when I first noticed them. I should have told you about them then but you know how vacations are.

Another weird thing is that I have manually searched the Wiz file. I found the entries that referred to the false entries. I then recreated the directory that was listed in the Wiz file. I then moved the files that were listed in the Wiz to this directory but did not add any new library import directories. When I restarted SageTV the false entries were still there, as expexted, but the entries still failed to work. I then added that same directory to the library import and this caused duplicate entries to show up in SageTV's video library. Once again, the first entry fails to work but the second entry,of the same name, works fine.

Sage was shutdown when I made the changes listed above except of course for the ones that required sage to do. The error message I get when I try one of the false entries is:
"There was a problem with the Shared Async Reader Filter.
Failure loading file
ErrCode=ox80004005"

PS:In writing this post I have just discovered that if I leave Sage at the error message screen for too long it causes a hard lock up of SageTV. By this I mean SageTV fails to respond to any Mouse/KB or remote commands. I can not move the SageTV window or even minimize it. When I press conrtol alt. delete I can kill SageTV successfully. The good news is that it is a graceful lockup in that it leaves my other windows programs alone.

Thanks for the help. Please let me know if you wish me to do any experiments. Like trying one of these files and then sending you the logs.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:32 PM

update:

I have also tried removing the ".avi" file extension from "seeker/library_import_filename_extensions=" in the sage.properties file. I chose AVI since half the duplicate entries are AVI.

I then did "channel setup" as suggested once again to see if the removal of the extension from the valid import list would make a difference. The duplicate entries are still there. For some reason they are not being cleansed from the Wiz file. Nothing I do seems to make any difference. I don't want to have to delete my Wiz files, and beyond that if it happened once to me it could occur again to someone else. So I'll stick with this for a while longer.

Jeff please let me know if you wish logs. Also don't hesitate to ask me to perform certian procedures, that caused errors, prior to sending logs. I have the ones from a day ago saved. I have also searched and found the false entries in my wiz file. I can send my Wiz(in whole or part) as well if that would help. Though it is currently over 3megs unzipped.

Keep up the great work,
Mike

Last edited by justme; 07-29-2003 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:11 PM
Sage

Zip up your wiz file and send it to support@freytechnologies.com I'd like to take a look at it. Also, list some examples of what the duplicates are.

Thanks,
Old 07-30-2003, 09:03 PM

I have sent you the compressed Wiz file as well as my logs from the time of the crash. I have just fixed this issue thanx to your advice about my computer's name changing in this post/thread. However I felt I should still send the Wiz in case you wished it for other purposes.

Once again, Thank you for the fast, insightful response. That was an excellent catch about my computers network name change. I guess my vacation caused me to start slipping.