SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-17-2017, 02:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Recordings file name

With the EPG service, episodal recordings had the season and episode inserted into the file name e.g. -S01E12-

This does not happen with the Schedules Direct service, however the description does list the season and episode. Is there any way to restore this without manually editting the file name?
Old 06-17-2017, 03:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Since I updated to Sage9, I started getting episode numbers included in filenames (which I really like!). That didn't change once I switched to SD (gradually over the past week or so). To include or not include that is an option in Setup, Detailed Setup, customize (in the Sage7xml gui). There are two optoin: include episode names in filenames, and include season and episode numbers in filenames. I have both of those enabled.

I suppose there's a possibility that this info is coming from the old EPG data and that once all of my EPG data is filled in by SD that could change (I'm not entirely sure how the old EPG and new EPG data integrate), but could your settings have somehow changed when you made the switch to SD? I looked at my newest data, which I know came via SD, and in the listings for episodic shows the season & episode number are showing.

Last edited by VCRUser; 06-17-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

The Schedules Direct EPG data definitely imports season and episode information.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 06-18-2017, 05:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

FWIW, I upgraded to V9 in the middle of July, 2016. All my recordings prior to that had season and episode data in the filenames. Subsequent to that date, none of my recordings have that info in the filename. Given that I didn't even know that putting season and episode data in filenames was an option, I have to conclude that the upgrade process somehow changed the setting.

However,... I did the upgrade by doing a fresh install of V9 (along with Win 10 and Java 8 and new hardware) and then moving my recordings and wiz.bin file. Could that have interfered somehow with the setting?

I turned the option on this evening and I'll see what happens as soon as a recording finishes. I expect that season and episode will again be in the filenames.

I don't need an answer, but I thought others might like to know to be aware and check the setting after upgrading.

Cheers.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve20A View Post
FWIW, I upgraded to V9 in the middle of July, 2016. All my recordings prior to that had season and episode data in the filenames. Subsequent to that date, none of my recordings have that info in the filename. Given that I didn't even know that putting season and episode data in filenames was an option, I have to conclude that the upgrade process somehow changed the setting.

However,... I did the upgrade by doing a fresh install of V9 (along with Win 10 and Java 8 and new hardware) and then moving my recordings and wiz.bin file. Could that have interfered somehow with the setting?

I turned the option on this evening and I'll see what happens as soon as a recording finishes. I expect that season and episode will again be in the filenames.

I don't need an answer, but I thought others might like to know to be aware and check the setting after upgrading.

Cheers.
The setting is a property in Sage.properties and it defaults to false, so that's why you needed to turn it back on.

Edit: It doesn't look like you did, but I don't really recommend under any conditions migrating Sage.properties to a new computer. It usually is very specific to the computer using it and has a lot of plugin details in it which can create a real mess that you might not be able to clean up.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 06-18-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

So... it was the fresh install that tripped me up. Live and learn.
Thanks for the explanation.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Oh Man! I should have posted this a month ago! The option was indeed inadvertently shut off. Perhaps from an update. Perhaps when I was copying sage.properties to switch between OTA and cable.

Thanks a million for the great response on this forum!