SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2021, 09:44 AM
Sage Expert

Encoder Initialization Bug?

I am cross posting a thread I created here because I suspect it might be a bug with Sage and would like to get some different eyes on this for suggestions.

I have two HDPVR2s that work well about 80% of the time but the other 20% have problems initializing a recording. It gives the error:
Code:
[MainMsg@9c4132] Built:sage.EncodingException: ERROR (-6,0x80004005): There was a problem setting up hardware video compression. Please be sure you have the latest drivers installed for your capture device, and that they are installed correctly.
Mon 10/11 22:00:10.493 [DistributeHookNetClients@1d1d849] Sending hook to client for MediaPlayerError args=[Capture, ERROR (-6,0x80004005): There was a problem setting up hardware video compression. Please be sure you have the latest drivers installed for your capture device, and that they are installed correctly.]
Mon 10/11 22:00:10.494 [DistributeHookNetClients@180da3a] Sending hook to client for SystemStatusChanged args=[]
What makes me think this is a Sage issue/bug is that when I notice the error occurring with live TV, BOTH HDPVR2s will result in this error. Physically rebooting the HDPVRs does not fix the issue. Only restarting Sage will fix the issue. Also, when I know the issue is occurring, I am able to use the Hauppauge capture software with the HDPVRs.

In short, only Sage has occasional problems starting the HDPVRs, always both HDPVRs at the same time have issues, and only restarting Sage fixes the issue.

What's more annoying is that when Sage has this problem when recording a favorite, it simply records a blank file instead of trying to restart or canceling the recording and trying later. So, I need to delete these "blank" files that otherwise look like they recorded properly.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or how I could troubleshoot to find any more info on it?