SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2022, 08:23 AM
SageTVaholic

"High end" home router with VLANs

Hey all, been a while (Sage just works too well). Anyway I know there's a lot of networking smart people here so I'm looking for recommendations.

I'm looking for a new "router" with support for VLANs. I'm currently running an Asus running Merlin, and it seems like you can to VLANs if you're determined but requires editing config files, I'd rather something that officially supports them.

A little background, I've been working from home for a while, remoting into my work PC that lives on site, but the company is moving to giving people laptops that they'll take home. I'd rather not have that machine on the network with everything else. And of course I know I should probably do something similar with all the random network devices I have too, so I'm looking to upgrade my router.

I was pretty much set on a Unifi Dream Machine Pro which seems to have the features and performance, but in my reading, I have some concerns about their support and updates, so I'm wondering if there's something else I should be considering? Maybe I'm overthinking it? Maybe PFsense on my unraid server, though I'm not sure I trust my server enough for that?