SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:54 AM
Sage Icon

Question Where's "Delete It Now"?

Since the upgrade to 6.6, Delete It Now is missing from the list. Set/Clear Watched is now there by default so I can retire that STVi. Wrong Recording is there; Don't Delete is there, but what if I just want to plain old Delete It Now? That option has been in Sage since before I started using it. Why remove it at this point?

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

"Delete it now" is at the top of the list when I hit the Delete key on a recording in 6.6. What list are you looking at? Have you tried it in the stock STV with no customizations installed?
Old 07-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Among the latest hidden extras changes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Hidden: Added Detailed Setup -> Customize option for "Use Enhanced Recording Deletion Confirmation Dialog"; controls whether the malore deletion confirmation dialog is used everywhere or only when in a malore menu.
- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Andy,

Something I do not get about the delete If I select to always ask to delete at the end of a recording I only get delete now. Why can we not see the whole menu. On some shows that I know will air again sometimes it is missing the end.

With the delete now it will just delete it .. maybe it should give more options... so if its missing the end I can just select delete wrong recording etc... at the end.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Something I do not get about the delete If I select to always ask to delete at the end of a recording I only get delete now. Why can we not see the whole menu. On some shows that I know will air again sometimes it is missing the end.

With the delete now it will just delete it .. maybe it should give more options... so if its missing the end I can just select delete wrong recording etc... at the end.
Currently, that's just all that option does -- ask whether to delete it or not when playback ends. I don't know if we'll change the default contents of that dialog, but I'll add a to-possibly-do item for the hidden features.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda View Post
Since the upgrade to 6.6, Delete It Now is missing from the list. Set/Clear Watched is now there by default so I can retire that STVi. Wrong Recording is there; Don't Delete is there, but what if I just want to plain old Delete It Now? That option has been in Sage since before I started using it. Why remove it at this point?
I noticed this too after upgrading to the latest release version. I do like the options being there, but still wish "Delete it now" was at the top of the list. So for now I set the unsupported extra to "Malore Menus" rather than "Always".
I can live without the extra delete options since I've usually already set the watched status on a show to what I want prior to deleting it.

Before changing it, I got caught a couple times with shows I record and watch, but don't want set to watched. I'm so used to hitting hitting "Delete, Up, Select" after watching a show that I ended up marking a couple shows watched as I deleted them. I then had to use search to find them and switch their watched status.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Sage Icon

I would prefer an option to just turn off the "Use Enhanced Recording Deletion Confirmation Dialog". I just have no need for the extra options and am used to the simpler dialogue.

S
Old 10-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Sage User

I too wanted a simpler dialog in the malore menu. It was wicked easy to fix.

Bring up the delete dialog, bring up studio, then delete the entries you don't want. I renamed the "Delete and set watched" to "delete" and now its nice and simple. I guess I have to do this with each stv update. I think there is a way to save my changes to a stvi, but I'm not sure it works.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Sage Icon

That would be a nice stvi import. Revert back to simple delete now even when using the hidden malore menu. The delete and set watched option is unnecessary (at least for me) and confusing to family and friends. Maybe this is what it will take for me to finally sit down and learn Studio.

S
Old 10-14-2009, 04:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Delete and Set Watched Import.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:09 AM
Sage User

Here is my SimpleMaloreDeleteDialog for the default STV. It is my first STVI. It will replace the cluttered malore delete dialog with Delete and Don't Delete. the Delete command is really the "Delete and Set Watched Command"
Attached Files
File Type: stvi SimpleMaloreDeleteDialog.stvi (2.0 KB, 88 views)