SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Made the switch to V9...a few issues - UPDATED ALL RESOLVED!!!

I just installed V9 over my V7 install. I also updated all the plugins that said they needed updates...I've got 2 big issues so far. For WAF reasons I need to stay on SageMC...now when ever I go to the home screen in sageMC I get the error "You are running SageTV version SageTV V9.0.14.568. SageMC requires at least version 7.x!" Any ideas how to get that to stop? Also in my first stress test using 6 HdhomeRun and 3 Hdprime encoders I got some halts across all streams...I'm using openDCT but probably not the latest but it was rock solid on V7...could anything have changed that makes V9 and older OpenDCT less stable?

Just another update...running a second stress test...9 tuners, 5 clients...this time everything stable

I found a new issue...I use the sendfocus tool to switch between SageTV and other active Windows....the name used to be "sageTV". Did the window get renamed with V9...now I get window not found error

Update, fixed the sendfocus issue...posted details here:https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64485

I also had the issues with EPG license not being accepted...since the whole reason I'm going to V9 is to address the EPG end of life, I gave up and just signed up with the Schedules Direct EPG.

So recording stability seems addressed (I'm still using an old version of OpenDCT (.48) but since it seems stable I'm not touching it. All of my clients are back up and running (all HD300/200 running SageMC...all worked fine and didn't notice I moved to V9). Haven't tried running a windows client...wonder if that will have the same SageMC "incorrect version warning" that my SageTVserver instance does...last my last issue will open a separate thread to focus just on that.

Final update resolved Version check error see details here https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64486

Last edited by jmv; 05-21-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

make the upgrade

Glad to know the system is up and stable. On the issue of sageMC vs. WAF, I also was sad to see sageMC go with the v9 upgrade. However, a small price to pay for a stable open source version. I say make the leap, and upgrade the WAF. It is what I did and the system is stable. We can help with the upgrade solutions.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mark is there a touchscreen friendly UI...I have that for sageMC that's the main reason I'm locked in
Old 05-19-2017, 07:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Never looked. I loved sageMC in the bedroom setup. But I made the change years ago with v7, although I put that off for the longest time, that redone sageMC plugin was great, but I missed the functionality back then. Almost did a revert to v6 because of sageMC. I still run sageMC with placeshifter v7 on my original Surface Pro.