SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

epg server broke again?

EPG NO DATA for NYC local feeds on DirectTV - USA coming in. I've got no data for WABC WCBS WNBC and WNYW.

Anybody else seeing this?
Old 04-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just commenting in general, not on the channels you are having trouble with - I am not seeing an issue in my EPG.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:57 AM
Sage User

I cannot find my listings anymore, I added a tuner and no dice.

When I search for my zip code nothing comes up anymore.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

it broke

still missing NYC network channels with DirectTV feed after numerous EPG forced updates.

Any help out there to check the servers again?

I'm getting too many record conflicts as I utilize both the NYC & LA channels to bridge the time zones.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

My whole guide shows no-data. Also when I check the system info screen, it shows the current time for last epg update time and 0 for next update in.

Anyone figure this out?
Old 04-14-2013, 12:55 PM
Administrator

I'm not aware of any EPG server issues at the moment. Check this FAQ and be sure you don't have (or had) a plugin that is blocking EPG data.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:58 PM
SageTVaholic

mine's good
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300ís networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, my situation is figured out. My DirectTV setup dates from 1991. Living in the NW in a forest of BIG DougFir trees I have always been lucky to receive signals from the original Hughes sats. The newer HD sats are in a much lower orbit that I have no possible clean lines to.

So I have always used the non HD channels setup on the EPG channels setup. Seems ZapIt is phasing out the non HD listings so that is why I have been getting no data on certain channels. Just channel choosing the HD listings cured the problems, and it all comes into the receiver box as a non HD image anyways.

Case closed.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Sage Icon

Well, I've tried the following:

Deleted the suggested lines from the properties files - stop service, change properties, restart service

Deleted all source and re-added them, choosing the guide again.

Still showing no data for ALMOST all channels. Some exceptions are A&E, BET, Bravo these seem to show programs until next Friday. There are some that show nothing (not even "No Data") like AMC, Fuze, We and WeHD. While most show "No Data" including BETHD and A&EH.

Not sure what to do next. Open to suggestions.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Sage Icon

Well... I figured it out, sort of. Resetting my router and modem got things working again. Odd, my other devices did not seem to have any issue with connectivity, and the server could access the internet as well.