SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-20-2017, 11:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

sendfocus.exe workaround for SageTV V9 windows

I found a solution for not being able to use "sendfocus.exe" to make SageTV V9 the active maximized window when switching back from another application (Xlobby in this case). With V9 the SageTV program appears to minimize to the notification area where it no longer has a window handle. In V7 SageTV continued to have the window handle "SageTV" which could be used as an argument for sendfocus.

Secondly, it appears that with V9, the SageTV window handle is no longer just "SageTV" but is now "SageTV - [AAAxYYY]" where AAA and YYY are the window dimensions in the X and Y direction, so a full maximized SageTV V9 Window on a 1080P windows desktop would have the window handle of "SageTV - [1920x1080]".

Ok so the first problem is to get the SageTV V9 app out of the notification area and into an actual window...to do this, I triggered a SageTV V9 shortcut, since SageTV is already running, just minimized to the notification area, this just brings SageTV back to its original window which can be targeted by Sendfocus. After that it was easy to call sendfocus with "SageTV - [1920x1080]" as the argument.

To do both of these, I wrote the follow batch file which I trigger when I want to switch from Xlobby back to SageTV...(Sendfocus.exe, the sageTV v9 shortcut and FocusSageTV.bat are saved in my C:\SendFocus directory)
FocusSageTV.bat
"C:\SendFocus\SageTV 9.lnk"
C:\SendFocus\sendfocus.exe "SageTV - [1920x1080]"

Last edited by jmv; 05-20-2017 at 11:39 AM.