SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-19-2011, 05:48 PM

Problems with video editing.

I have a Hauppauge HVR-2250 installed with the latest Hauppauge drivers on a box that I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 (clean install) and from SageTV 6 to SageTV 7 (normal upgrade path).

I'm asking for help because I have no idea as to the cause. I don't know if this is a problem with the SageTV, Windows 7, or with the Hauppauge drivers (though I'm leaning to the driver).

I use TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3 to edit and archive shows. When I try to edit ANY of my new SageTV recordings the editing software has problems. It often says there is no audio when there is audio and it always 10 minutes or more just to open the file. Any action that is performed just marking a frame takes 5-10 minutes, longer as I work my way though video. The hard disk goes mad the whole time. If I pull in a SageTV Recording from made under Windows Vista and SageTV 7, no problems. Only on new recordings does this happen. If I run the whole new show through the editor, and then pull that file in, it opens quickly and processes at the normal expected speed. Its like there something wrong in the file's encoded headers.

Note, that I did have this experience under Windows Vista and SageTV 6 but that was sometime ago and somehow it corrected itself.

Anyone else encountered this type of problem with the recorded videos?

Tags
audio, delays, editing, hvr-2250, win7