SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Old 04-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

CQC (Home Automation Software) on sale

FYI, CQC just went on the biggest sale i've seen. I know at $333, it's still a lot of money, but even at the original price of $600 it's far cheaper for price/function point than any of the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey
Since version 3.0 is looming, and that of course will be a big deal, if for no other reason than I've not had a heart attack yet in all this time, we are going to be doing a pre-3.0 sale. In an effort to be probably overly clever, it's all threesie.

There are three deals:

1. From now until the formal release date of 3.0, the DIY version will cost $333.

2. There is an option to buy 5 years of maintenance fees for $333, which I think is a savings of $142, for those folks who would prefer to pay ahead and save the money.

3. Being of the Vulcan race, I just named our new remote viewer product, ummm.... the Remote Viewer. We'd like a better name. So we'll have a naming contest. The one we pick will get three free years of maintenance fees.

The first two are already in effect on the web site. In the Try/Buy section, in the About CQC sub-section, there's the usual link for the DIY version (though it's been moved slightly and made more obvious than it used to be.) The purchase button has been changed to reflect the $333 price, and there is an extra button down the maintenance fees area to do the 5 year deal. We'll set up a naming contest thread later today or tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Sage Icon

FYI for those interested in getting in on the ludicrously low sale price of CQC (or the regular users) - there's a CQC 101/User Group Webinar tomorrow (sat) @8:30am PST.

Login details:

Quote:
Please join my meeting at
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/936979960
Conference Call: (712) 338-7005, access code 936-979-960
Meeting ID: 936-979-960
Please note that you either need to call in to the # above or use the new VOIP option with gotomeeting and use a computer headset/mic. I've never tried the mic thing, but i just bought a headset yesterday so i'll be doing that myself.

Agenda:
8:30am PST-8:40 Introductions
8:40am PST-9:40 CQC 101. Please download and scan through this doc ideally before the meeting as it'll be what I use to facilitate this. It's normally a 90-120min session that i'll be jamming into 60.
9:40am PST-10:30 CQC User Group Webinar.