SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Sage Icon

HD300 IR port not working

I hid my HD300 out of line of sight, so I plugged an IR reciever into the front IR port, but it doesn't work. It doesn't respond to any remote commands.

I also tried it with a different IR receiver and a different HD300, neither worked. Any ideas why they aren't working. The red light on the IR receiver does come on when plugged in.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Are you using the IR receiver that came with the HD300. If not there is a thread some where that tells you how to wire one to work with the HD300. Look through this thread
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56246

Last edited by mechling-burgh; 10-22-2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechling-burgh View Post
Are you using the IR receiver that came with the HD300. If not there is a thread some where that tells you how to wire one to work with the HD300. Look through this thread
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56246
I did buy it, but I actually never used it so I forgot what it looks like. I took all the IR receiver I could find and neither of them worked. I guess they ain't the right ones but I thought they are all standard IR receivers, didn't know there are different kinds.

Anybody wanna donate a spare orginal IR receiver?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
I did buy it, but I actually never used it so I forgot what it looks like. I took all the IR receiver I could find and neither of them worked. I guess they ain't the right ones but I thought they are all standard IR receivers, didn't know there are different kinds.

Anybody wanna donate a spare orginal IR receiver?
I know this thread is kinda old ... but one thing I found out that works great is the flirc .. It even works better than the built in IR receiver as it can use any remote. You just need to setup the keystrokes and program the flirc on any PC then just plug it into the hd300... or hd200.