SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Sage User

Standby

Hey,

When using the Standby option on the Main Menu, or on the Sleep tool that puts the Sage in to sleep mode after x minutes all these seem to do is activate the Sage Screensaver.. so I click standby on the main menu, and the screensaver comes on. I know I can disable the screensaver in options but then it just goes to the tray.

Any way to make this standby command actually put the computer to standby/sleep? Seems like the logical thing for it to do to me but I cannot figure out how to make it actually standby, rather than just screensaver or tray.

The Power button on the remote puts the computer to standby, but thats because its linked to Windows Power Management, so its basically like me pressing the power button on the computer.

Thanks

Martin
Old 02-15-2008, 03:14 AM
Sage User

Is it just me, or should Standby put the computer to sleep? Not activate the Sage Screensaver or minimise to tray.. seems weird. Am I missing something?! Cant find anyway to configure this.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:45 AM
Sage User

Nevermind figured it out.. Set Windows Power Management to standby after 1 min of inactivity.. Sage keeps this from happening, until in standby mode.. then Windows standby kicks in after 1 min and Standby's the laptop.

Great stuff - sorry, just didn't understand how to make it work at first

Martin
Old 02-15-2008, 08:55 AM
SageTVaholic

In Detailed Setup for Sage there is a setting enabled by default that sets it to screensaver upon Sage sleep. Disable that and then Sage will just sleep in the system tray instead of engaging the screensaver.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.