SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-12-2019, 02:24 PM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,989
Channels DVR added TVEverywhere ...

For those cable subscribers you can now add TV Everywhere and be able to record/Watch Cable Stations on any device that supports Channels DVR.

Here is a summary of how Channels DVR's TVE support is known to work with various cable providers.

OTT
PSVue: Works well with access to most TVE channels.

DirecTV NOW: Moderate support for TVE: BET, BRAVO, CNBC, Comedy Central, Disney, E!, FS1, FS2, Freeform, FX, MSNBC, NGC, Syfy, Sprout, USA, ESPN

Sling Blue: Limited support for TVE: USA, SYFY, E!, BRAVO, NGC, NGWILD, FS1, FS2, FX, FXX,

Sling Orange: Very limited support for TVE: ESPN, Disney

Philo: Not supported.

YouTubeTV: Not supported.

Hulu Live: Not supported.

Traditional Cable
Cox: All subscribed TVE channels work.

Xfinity: All subscribed TVE channels work except MTV, VH1, BET, CMT, Comedy Central, TVLAND, Paramount, Logo

Dish Network: All subscribed TVE channels work.

DirecTV: All subscribed TVE channels work.

Verizon FIOS: All subscribed TVE channels work.

Frontier: All subscribed TVE channels work.

Optimum: All subscribed TVE channels work.

Spectrum and Spectrum Online: All subscribed TVE channels should work, but channel scan can be flaky. Please email support using the feedback form 1 if you are missing channels.

HTC Digital: All subscribed TVE channels work except C-SPAN and PopTV
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-14-2019, 07:11 PM
SHS's Avatar
SHS SHS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vinita, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,357
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
For those cable subscribers you can now add TV Everywhere and be able to record/Watch Cable Stations on any device that supports Channels DVR.

Here is a summary of how Channels DVR's TVE support is known to work with various cable providers.

OTT
PSVue: Works well with access to most TVE channels.

DirecTV NOW: Moderate support for TVE: BET, BRAVO, CNBC, Comedy Central, Disney, E!, FS1, FS2, Freeform, FX, MSNBC, NGC, Syfy, Sprout, USA, ESPN

Sling Blue: Limited support for TVE: USA, SYFY, E!, BRAVO, NGC, NGWILD, FS1, FS2, FX, FXX,

Sling Orange: Very limited support for TVE: ESPN, Disney

Philo: Not supported.

YouTubeTV: Not supported.

Hulu Live: Not supported.

Traditional Cable
Cox: All subscribed TVE channels work.

Xfinity: All subscribed TVE channels work except MTV, VH1, BET, CMT, Comedy Central, TVLAND, Paramount, Logo

Dish Network: All subscribed TVE channels work.

DirecTV: All subscribed TVE channels work.

Verizon FIOS: All subscribed TVE channels work.

Frontier: All subscribed TVE channels work.

Optimum: All subscribed TVE channels work.

Spectrum and Spectrum Online: All subscribed TVE channels should work, but channel scan can be flaky. Please email support using the feedback form 1 if you are missing channels.

HTC Digital: All subscribed TVE channels work except C-SPAN and PopTV
Channels DVR not going spent $80 a year on top everything else that just down right dumb
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM
nyplayer nyplayer is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Channels DVR not going spent $80 a year on top everything else that just down right dumb
What do you recommend then ?

SageTV is dying a slow death ..

Emby Creating season passes is basic no advanced passes ... slow playback and channel changing in livetv.

Plex DVR just sucks ?

Do you have a recommendation that has advanced passes and can record my Cable channels without a Prime (unlimited Streams) ? and also can Watch Remotely using the same interface ?
__________________
Windows 10 I3 Dual Core 3.0 Server, SageTV9... OpenDCT with 2 HDHRPrimes and 4 HDHRconnects for a total of 14 Tuners.

Last edited by nyplayer; Yesterday at 10:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM
SHS's Avatar
SHS SHS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vinita, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
What do you recommend then ?
I can't
But for me and my setup with DirecTV Sat with Emby and NextPVR setup as IPTV server. plus I used SageTV as guide data check on rerun and new show back check EPG because even one else to darn lazy is add save long term history with watched status but some I still run SageTV as a recorder.
And it doesn't help with EPG on some channel not keep up to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
SageTV is dying a slow death ..
I know same with all the rests even on Linux with MythTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Emby Creating season passes is basic no advanced passes ... slow playback and channel changing in livetv.
I'm not aware of the first part got any link to this I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Ture but I don't see it as big deal you just have to lean to except it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Plex DVR just sucks ?
Plex ok but lax any real mulit-user support like Emby and few other things and IPTV or Analog support like Emby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Do you have a recommendation that has advanced passes and can record my Cable channels without a Prime ? and also can Watch Remotely using the same interface ?
You petty much need Prime for Cable but eventually even Traditional CableTV will die to we have make are way to TV steaming over internet.

As side Note Channel DVR TV Everywhere sound a little fish to me and they say No stream limits that a down right lie as providers like DirectTVNow, PSVue, SlingTV do have stream limits.
And top all off the TVE DVR directory DRM lock where OTA is not.

Last edited by SHS; Yesterday at 01:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Today, 08:53 PM
BobbyDing's Avatar
BobbyDing BobbyDing is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central-West Florida
Posts: 465
I think this is interesting. Yes, channels dvr is pricey and I hate monthly fees. But it is another option if it works well. More choices are a good thing. I'm curious about what would be the minimum cpu(s) for capturing multiple web based channels simultaneously.
__________________
Athlon II Quad Core 3Ghz, 8GB Ram. 12GB Storage. 3 (x4) HDHR for OTA Across 2 Cities, HD200, 2x HD300.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with channels added automatically DaveS SageTV EPG Service 5 08-27-2014 03:53 PM
New channels not getting added to lineup dvd_maniac SageTV EPG Service 2 11-10-2009 11:35 AM
How Quickly are New Channels Added? darcilicious SageTV EPG Service 2 09-30-2009 10:05 AM
Added Fusion5 USB, no channels White94Cobra SageTV EPG Service 2 06-17-2006 11:56 PM
From where 368 channels added by Sage TV? Registry? I think not .... wieb SageTV Software 5 05-06-2005 01:31 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.