SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2020, 07:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sage won't recognize some video files

For several years I've been using PlayOn to record streamed shows off the net (netflix, hulu, pbs, etc.) After moving the recorded files into a defined Import folder, Sage recognizes them (e.g. you can see them on the Videos > Folders page within Sage). Once there, I typically use BMT to update the metadata of the recognized files (season/episode info etc), and flag them as Sage recorded shows so that it appears in the Recordings page.

However, I have a bunch of videos that Sage just refuses to recognize. Enabling the file recovery setting in the Sage.properties file (advanced_video_file_recovery=true) has no effect. I've tried re-streaming/recording them, moving them out and back between rescans, to a different import folder, etc. All of my efforts seem to fail to get Sage to even recognize these files at all.

I have noticed that some (but not all) of them have an apostrophe, parenthesis, or extended character like "" in the filename and Title field of the files embedded metadata. Removing those didn't seem to change the outcome, but leads me to think Sage is ignoring them because of something it doesn't like about the filename or internal metadata.

I've no idea what to try/do next.