SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:20 PM

cannot set up standard definition video source

I just upgraded to version 9 from version 7 because of the EPG discontinuation. But I still have an old standard definition directv box which I cannot get set up in a video source. I have a hauppauge 1250 TV card, and whenever I try to setup a video source for a non-digital tuner source, sagetv exits. I can set it up for a digital tuner, but I have not been able to set it up for composite, S-video nor standard TV tuner. Sagetv just drops out. Has sagetv abandoned standard definition altogether?
Old 06-25-2017, 11:42 PM
Sage User

I just set up a s-video source (old direct tv box) into a Hauppauge 2250 card. Everything worked correctly including Schedules Direct. Using the latest Sage 9 software.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwolf View Post
I just upgraded to version 9 from version 7 because of the EPG discontinuation. But I still have an old standard definition directv box which I cannot get set up in a video source. I have a hauppauge 1250 TV card, and whenever I try to setup a video source for a non-digital tuner source, sagetv exits. I can set it up for a digital tuner, but I have not been able to set it up for composite, S-video nor standard TV tuner. Sagetv just drops out. Has sagetv abandoned standard definition altogether?
More than likely it may need drivers to decode the signal. Did you do a fresh install or did you just install version 9 over 7 and use the upgrade route.

Also are you by any chance trying the old trick of using the 1250 to get analog signals after using it as a digital tuner like some used to in the past as I am not sure that trick works with the new version 9 still as I never tested it.

Did you see if rebooting your computer helps since sometimes after an install you need to do this to make sure the tuner is not in use. I have to do this or shut down sagetv service and restart it before I can scan with my tuners most of the time due to sage accessing them I think when it first installs them as video sources.

Also try other fixes like reinstalling the version 9 update twice but the 2nd time install it and choose the repair option.

See if your tuner drivers need updated as well as an decoders you used in the past especially if you did a clean install.

Maybe you can post more updates to some of the stuff I suggested for others if a log does not help them track down the culprit.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:45 PM

I did upgrade over version 7. I have tried rebooting and re-installing with the repair. It might be the device driver. I think that I am still using the original drivers that came with the card (if it ain't broke, I don't fix it).

Thanks.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:28 PM

I just updated the Hauppage device driver with no luck. There is a sub-window that flashes on very shortly before Sagetv shuts down. It says "Please wait for video preview to load". I have tried attached the last log. I have looked at it, but I do not know for what to look in these logs.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (409.6 KB, 75 views)
Old 06-28-2017, 04:28 PM

After multiple installs and uninstalls and repairs, it somehow magically started working. I do not know why, but now I am afraid to touch it. Thanks to all who replied.