SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Sage User

Error (-2): Files selected for playback are no longer on disk

Yet another Error (-2) thread. I get an "Error (-2): Files selected for playback are no longer on disk" whenever I try to play an imported video file from my unRAID server.

I'm not sure when it started, my guess is when I upgraded to v9, or maybe when I upgraded unRAID to 6.3.3. I'm running v9 on a Win10 box as a service. All Sage recordings are on the Win10 box. All ripped movies and other imported file reside on an unRAID server (ver. 6.3.3). I can access, read, and write to the unRAID folders from the SageTV box.

The proposed Error (-2) solutions in the other threads seem to be to have the Sage Service running on the same account as the Win10 login. I think I have done that but I am still getting the error. The attachment shows my Win10 User Account and the SageTV Service accounts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to watch some of these ripped DVDs/BD.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (151.1 KB, 92 views)
Servers: unRAID 11TB [for media and files] | SageTV [Win10 Pro64, ASRock H77 Pro4-M, Core i3-3220T, 16GB RAM, 120GB System SSD, HD Plex H5.S Case] | Sources: 2 x Silicon Dust HDHomeRun | Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Prime Clients: 4 x HD-300

WTB: HD-300 IR Eye
Old 10-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

You have a good start, but you may want to focus on the permissions on the Unraid box. Unraid is Linux and Linux denies permissions by default. However, Unraid shares typically get set up.

If the SMB security settings, on the Unraid share(s) are set to Public, then I am probably out of ideas.

When you can get to the files from the Win 10 box, are you logged on as Admin or as another user?

Another thought is that, when I change any security settings, I usually end up having to log off and log back on to make the change effective. That is, with changing an Unraid setting, I end up re-logging into Windows. Otherwise, Windows has a habit of not picking up the permission change.

For any Linux system, including Unraid, I am a big fan of WinSCP to check and update directory and file permissions. I have found cases where I needed to change permissions to 666 on files or directories where I could not do what I wanted to do.

Related to the last paragraph, on Linux, directory permissions can affect its file permissions. Being lazy, I usually just set permissions to media folders to 777 and never revisit it.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 10-09-2017, 06:02 PM
Sage User

Thanks egeller. Everything is working now.

FWIW:
SMB security settings were already set to Public
The Win10 box is always logged on as Admin
Re-starting the Win10 box must have done it
You lost me with WinSCP and permissions and numbers, but no fear, SageTV can now play movies off my unRAID box again.
Servers: unRAID 11TB [for media and files] | SageTV [Win10 Pro64, ASRock H77 Pro4-M, Core i3-3220T, 16GB RAM, 120GB System SSD, HD Plex H5.S Case] | Sources: 2 x Silicon Dust HDHomeRun | Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Prime Clients: 4 x HD-300

WTB: HD-300 IR Eye