SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

HDHomeRun recordings are jerky

I'm encountering a noticeable amount of jerkiness in my recordings, which are all derived from an HDHomeRun tuner. My setup includes, besides the HDHomeRun, two SageHD remote boxes and one Hauppauge SD remote box, all running over a gigabit LAN. Sage itself runs on an AMD64X2 3800 (?) system, under Vista SP2.

The jerkiness seems worst on shows recorded while another show is also being recorded, and while at least one of the remote HD boxes is in use streaming a recorded show off the server.

Am I pushing my setup too hard? Are there steps I can take to reduce or eliminate the jerkiness, or at least diagnose what's contributing to it?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Administrator

Is the recording drive formatted using 64K clusters and have you tried disabling superfetch? Also, make sure no antivirus is scanning files in the recording directories.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:11 AM
Sage Icon

QAM or OTA? Bring up the HDHR GUI Config and watch your signal strength for all the channels you record during prime time. Watch each one for 10 minutes...if you see any yellow or red...there's your answer. The joys of OTA.

P
Old 12-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

The recordings are all QAM, no OTA.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Superfetch was enabled. I've disabled it.

Cluster size is 64K.

The antivirus software was scanning everything. I've set it to exclude the directories where Sage recordings are stored.

I'll let you know if this solves the problem.

Thanks for the help!

Tags
hdhomerun, jerky