SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question No channels found while scanning

I've got a HD Homerun tuner connected to an antenna. I verified all my digital OTA channels get picked up using the HDHomerun software. However, when I add the tuner in SageTV (choosing digital broadcast for my zip code) and try and do a channel scan, it never finds anything. The scan also takes forever (like over 30 minutes). Seems like something is wrong here, but I'm not sure what it would be. I've tried just testing the default channels that Sage adds, but most of those just show 0% signal strength, even though I know they're 90-100% in the HDHR software.

Any ideas here?
Old 12-26-2015, 03:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think I managed to fix it. I removed the tuners from the configuration, stopped the Sage service, then went in and cleared out all references to those tuners in Sage.properties, including encoders and epg stuff. I also noticed some old references to defunct HDHR tuners I got rid of a long time ago, so I cleared those out, too. Once I started the services again and went through the process of re-adding the tuners, the scan worked correctly (much faster) and picked up everything.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Was still having problems, but I think I really did finally fix it this time.

I had 1 tuner that still wasn't working. After the first one was good, I added the second one and just had it use the same lineup. That did not work for whatever reason (always 0% signal for that second tuner event though HDHR software showed it working fine).

Honestly, I'm not sure what did it. I ended up removing the second tuner source, then re-adding it. The first time it asks, I chose antenna broadcast. Then it asks zip. I chose a DIFFERENT zip code than the first tuner (in same city, though). I then chose the Cable option, then digital broadcast, then chose to do an update scan. At that point, they were both working, but I had duplicates of each channel in the guide, which is dumb. I then selected one of the tuners and changed it to use the matching zip of the other. Ran another update scan, and that worked. Both tuners are now operating off the same EPG lineup and have good signal strength on everything.

My half-baked theory is there seems to be two places where it asks for antenna vs. cable. Select antenna for the first one and cable for the second. Also, things might go better just doing an update scan vs a full one.

Last edited by brb84; 12-28-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Tags
channel scan, hdhomerun, ota