SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:51 PM

My SageTV client cant find my HDHomeRun tuner

Hi,

I have installed SageTV on a Windows Home Server and SageTV Client on my Dell Studion PC - the SageTV Client is able to find the WHS SageTV and I can play music and previously recorded TV OK.

The oproblem comes when trying to play live TV. I have an HDHomerun tuner on my LAN which I can't get SageTV Client to recognize. I believe it should see it as a video source. Note that my PC can play TV from this same tuner using HDHomerun QuickTV but not using the SageTV Client.

Previously I have run the full SageTV on my PC and in this set up I was able to get the two to work together. What am I doing wrong - am I looking in the wrong place to set up the configuration?

Thanks
Old 12-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Sage Expert

Have you installed and configured the HD Homerun software/drivers on your WHS machine? That would be required for your SageTV Client to access the HDHR through SageTV on your WHS machine. SageTV Client doesn't access the HDHR directly like the HDHR QuickTV software you have installed on your client machine. Instead, SageTV Client communicates with the SageTV Service running on WHS to tell it to start recording a stream from the HDHR. And then the SageTV Service streams the recording to the client. If you don't see the HDHR as a recording source, then that means SageTV on you WHS machine isn't seeing it. The most likely causes would be a network configuration problem or the HDHR drivers aren't installed on the WHS machine.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 3.2GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u201, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 12-02-2010, 05:49 PM

Many thanks,

I have been trying to work out how to install software/drivers on a WHS and have drawn a blank - can you help? my WHS only seems to want to install add-ins and I can find an HDHomerun add-in for a WHS?

Can you help some more?

Thanks
Old 12-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just use Remote Desktop from your client and do the install directly on your server.

Tags
hdhomerun, sagetv client, windows home server