SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Phoenix 3.0

Notices

Phoenix 3.0 This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix 3.0 custom interface for SageTV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2017, 08:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Fanart For Movies With Same Title & Fanart Cleanup

I'm not sure if this is Phoenix's fault or that of BMT. However, when will we be able to have separate fanart for movies that have the same title but were produced in different years. For example, I have the two movies with the filenames:
  • Cinderella (1950).mkv
  • Cinderella (2015).mkv

Their fanart folders both end up being Movies/Cinderella and when viewed from SageTV there's a good chance that the wrong fanart will be displayed for either movie. I realize I can set a default poster and background but why should that even be necessary? Why can't we have separate folders for each production of a title? I don't want to NEED to micro manage fanart for my movies. It needs to just work.

On a separate note, when will fanart cleanup be addressed? Granted, fanart files aren't generally that huge. However, they do tend to build up since there is no method to automatically purge orphaned fanart like is available in Plex. Currently my fanart folder is 7.5GB. I'm fairly certain that could be smaller if I were to clean it out but time is too precious and life is too short to devote time to such a task.