SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2019, 07:22 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69 Send a message via Skype™ to wbarber69
many of the original hdpvrs from back in the day would come with bad electrolytic capacitors installed in them. back from the era of the counterfeit electrolytic gel scandal of the early 2000's. not many of these units exist today, and it even effected the first run of sagetv boxes. that coupled with failing power supplies can cause all kinds of headaches. ive found that its also crucial to toss out any usb cables that dont have ferrite cores on either end of the cable. I used to have to deal with the daily restart setup as well until i got a new pc to run everything on. Apparently its more likely that your usb ports go out than anythinbg else. my last computer went through 3 usb add on cards over its lifetime. But it can also be from the sudio issues previously stated by other users. im having one give me problems now and im starting to lean towards the digital to toslink adapter on this particular unit, which sucks because they dont exist anywhere anymore. I knew i should have bought extra when they were available.... maybe its the psu to toslink adapter and hopefully a new supply will fix it. Im leaning towards getting a meanwell 5V Psu and wiring up everything to that.