SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Showtime HD Shows Not Indicated?

Sage is choosing to record my favorites on Showtime (Weeds, The Big C) from the non-HD Showtime channel (showp), instead of the HD channel (showhdp). For instance, this evening Weeds is on both channels at 10:00. The EPG ID is EP7593950070 on both. Sage is planning to record the non-HD version.

I think this is happening because, at least on these shows, they don't show up as HD in the EPG. On the information line, they both show as close-captioned, stereo. I would expect the entries on showhdp to also show them as being HDTV, but they don't. This is true both in the on-screen guide display and on the web ui.

Is this a bug in zap2it's listings, or is there something unusual happening that's confusing sage? Is there any way to deal with it, other than to set up the favorite to only record on showhdp?
Old 08-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Administrator

If it isn't tagged as HD in the detailed info for the airing, then there could be a problem with the Zap2It data not being complete.

But, do you have both the SD & HD of the same channels enabled on the same tuner? i.e.: they air the same shows at the same time, one in SD & the other in HD. If so, then I suggest only enabling the HD versions of those channels.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.