SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 03-05-2016, 01:17 PM
SageTVaholic

I do something similar in SJQ. Every day at midnight I send an email with the shows that are to be recorded on that day and I include hyperlinks so that I can quickly access info if I need.

Is Jetty still the best platform to be using as a webserver for the Sage Web UI?
Old 03-05-2016, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
2) It would be slick if there was some of access to tuner settings or detailed monitoring of the Sage tuners, which I believe EnterNoEscape (ENE) is already working on for his own tuner web interface. Is there any way ENE's tuner status could be integrated into this project instead of a separate entity?
I in fact would prefer to build the OpenDCT web interface as a plugin for the new web interface instead of standalone. What I think could be done is we can have a general capture device configuration built into the new web interface; not too different from what can be done with a placeshifter or client. Then the OpenDCT plugin just adds features to it.

I do not however want OpenDCT itself to be a plugin until SageTV is 64-bit on all platforms.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 03-05-2016, 02:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
Since the Sagex API is currently made available via the old Jetty webserver, will that remain as it is? I'm just concerned that the old Jetty will not like coexisting with the latest Jetty. I'm a huge fan of this interface for scripting things outside of SageTV.
Sagex API will still exist.. although it might be under a different URL. Sagex API (ie, the rest services) will be core to the new server, so, it won't be going away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Is Jetty still the best platform to be using as a webserver for the Sage Web UI?
I'm not actually looking at using Jetty, going forward. I could spend the time to get a new Jetty working, but, not sure, yet if I'm going that route. I'm not sure I need/want to have a full blown java/jsp/servlet engine running. Jetty has gotten pretty big over the years, and really what I need is the ability to serve up static content, execute server services, ssl, cors, and websockets. I can get all that from something like, https://github.com/NanoHttpd/nanohttpd (which I'm currently playing with)

Quote:
For example, the current web interface can go directly to an airing via /sage/DetailedInfo?AiringId=<airing_id>?
I think stuff like that should still work (URL would be different, of course).

Quote:
I in fact would prefer to build the OpenDCT web interface as a plugin for the new web interface instead of standalone. What I think could be done is we can have a general capture device configuration built into the new web interface; not too different from what can be done with a placeshifter or client. Then the OpenDCT plugin just adds features to it.
To be honest, I think the new server will be primarily static pages and javascript (rest api calls), so, if what you are building can be served up like that, then it should work. That being said, I'm not using Jetty, so, if it's built around servlets/jsp, then it'll need to run in a jetty container.

I'm trying to keep this fairly lightweight... at the moment, there is nothing...except me playing around with a few ideas
Old 03-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
really what I need is the ability to serve up static content, execute server services, ssl, cors, and websockets.
Have you considered Node.js?
Old 03-05-2016, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I use the WEBUI to recreate the wiz.bin file on occasion or when it gets corrupted by getting the XML of the recordings and favorites and backing them up daily. So it is critical that I would be able to generate recordings.xml and favorites.xml
Old 03-05-2016, 05:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
To be honest, I think the new server will be primarily static pages and javascript (rest api calls), so, if what you are building can be served up like that, then it should work. That being said, I'm not using Jetty, so, if it's built around servlets/jsp, then it'll need to run in a jetty container.

I'm trying to keep this fairly lightweight... at the moment, there is nothing...except me playing around with a few ideas
I don't think that will be a problem. The interface that I was working on is static HTML, JavaScript and REST calls.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Also I use SJQ to run a task every day at 1am to send an email myself and my wife with all of the shows premiering that day. I modified the script so that if an HD channel is available, it uses the HD channel and it also turns the show title into a link so I can just click on the link and it takes me directly the airing the email is referring to. I figure I could leverage push bullet to get the same result, but where I'm really going with this is, can we make sure that a specific airing/mediafile details page can be opened directly via a URL parameter. For example, the current web interface can go directly to an airing via /sage/DetailedInfo?AiringId=<airing_id>?
What did you add to the script to get the hyperlink? Can you click the link then an Add as Favorite or Record button?
Old 03-05-2016, 06:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Currently using Web UI:
  • Refresh SageTV
  • Search for airing/recording details based on file name
  • Determine channel number/name of said recording
  • Determine encoder
  • Determine category/subcategory/genre

Possible future use for Web UI:
  • Current/Upcoming recordings
  • Actor/crew
  • Force EPG Update
Old 03-05-2016, 06:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
What did you add to the script to get the hyperlink? Can you click the link then an Add as Favorite or Record button?
I get the airing id, then create a URL that points to my external domain name. The link takes me directly to the same page you would get if you were browsing the guide on the web interface and opened an airing. ...and I had to change this to messagemimetype: "text/html" or the email would still only be text.

Yes.

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 03-05-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK so my wish list and uses for SageTV web UI are:
  • view recording schedule
  • view sage messages
  • add / modify favorites

I'd imagine I will use it to work with metadata as well. I have little interest in watching anything via the webclient.

as I mentioned over in the v7 thread I'd really love a couple enhancements - I use Ceton My Media Center and it has a "premieres" tab ... I use this OFTEN to discover new shows to record. and it would be great if the add new favorite had a little more intelligence. It should follow my favorite settings by default. Also when you want to restrict a show to record on only certain channels it should be able to present you with the stations the show is on, rather than me scrolling through every channel I have. I've grabbed some screen shots of the ceton app and I'll post them.

Edit: you can see them here: http://1drv.ms/21f38Vr

Premieres is the missing feature I'd most like
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300

Last edited by ThePaladinTech; 03-06-2016 at 08:50 AM. Reason: adding zip off screen grabs
Old 03-07-2016, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Since the Sagex API is currently made available via the old Jetty webserver, will that remain as it is? I'm just concerned that the old Jetty will not like coexisting with the latest Jetty. I'm a huge fan of this interface for scripting things outside of SageTV.

Also I use SJQ to run a task every day at 1am to send an email myself and my wife with all of the shows premiering that day. I modified the script so that if an HD channel is available, it uses the HD channel and it also turns the show title into a link so I can just click on the link and it takes me directly the airing the email is referring to. I figure I could leverage push bullet to get the same result, but where I'm really going with this is, can we make sure that a specific airing/mediafile details page can be opened directly via a URL parameter. For example, the current web interface can go directly to an airing via /sage/DetailedInfo?AiringId=<airing_id>?
I figure the programmer they are referring to is either you, Stuckless, or Slugger (or a few of the folks that aren't around much anymore);

http://www.businessinsider.com/progr...is-job-2015-11
Old 03-07-2016, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I figure the programmer they are referring to is either you, Stuckless, or Slugger (or a few of the folks that aren't around much anymore);

http://www.businessinsider.com/progr...is-job-2015-11
Some of the scripts are in Groovy... Who's the resident groovy evangelist.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:50 PM
SageTVaholic

My use of the web UI is to manage sage.

I use the BMT UI to correct metadata, but I find that it isn't a functional as it once was. I would like to see a simple "metadata" tab in the new UI that has simple list of imported shows, movies, and recordings so I can just click through and make the changes I need to. Now I have to load everything and only single episodes come up which can take a long time. It works, but isn't as simple as it could be. BMT is great, but I think it could be simplified.

I don't use them, but the ability to create VFS views would also be great.

I use the regular sage web ui as a way to schedule recordings mostly with the search and the guide.

I also like that I can see what is recording on what tuner and what is playing on what client.

TLR

If you were to combine BMT and the current web interface into one that would be awesome. More backup functionality would also be nice.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

Since some "wish list" things are being thrown out...

I've been playing with Let's Encrypt certificates and one thing that would be nice is to be able to somehow automatically reload a keystore file when updated, or be able to (in some automated way) restart just the web service part. Let's Encrypt currently has a 90 day validation period for certificates it issues. While I have almost automated getting a PFX file and turning that into different formats like JKS, I still have to restart the entire Sage service to get it to pick up the new certificate. If there was some way to reload the certificate file without having to bring everything down that'd be great.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

i developed this a few weeks ago, and have found myself going to it more often than i thought i would. my original intent was to markup if all tuners were scheduled during a specific time, which meant i couldn't watch anything live, unless i fiddled with favorite priority. but now i like it just to have a better visual of what's scheduled to record, without starting up a client.

so if progress is still being made on a new web interface, something like this would appeal to me. fyi, this was done using bootstrap and fullCalendar.io
Attached Images
File Type: png RecordingCalendar-Month.PNG (147.0 KB, 235 views)
File Type: png RecordingCalendar-Weekh.PNG (134.7 KB, 222 views)
File Type: png RecordingCalendar-Day.PNG (61.5 KB, 228 views)

Server: Sage 9.0.13.536, Windows10-64bit, AMD Phenom II X4 905e 2.5GHz , 16GB Ram, 2.6TB recording
Tuners: OpenDCT 0.5.2 Ceton InfiniTV4
NAS: 16TB, unRaid Plus, Asus H87I-Plus mini-ITX, Intel Core i3-4130, 16GB Ram, Fractal Node 304 case
10 Clients: HD-300, HD-200, SageWin10, Plex, AndroidMiniClient
Old 03-26-2016, 04:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Can you hover an entry on that calendar to get a better description of any event?
Old 03-26-2016, 04:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Can you hover an entry on that calendar to get a better description of any event?
thought about that. haven't tried experimenting with it though. i can see it would be useful. might be able to it with some jquery additions, just wasn't my top priority. it uses a url parameter which i suspect ignores other attributes of the href link.

Server: Sage 9.0.13.536, Windows10-64bit, AMD Phenom II X4 905e 2.5GHz , 16GB Ram, 2.6TB recording
Tuners: OpenDCT 0.5.2 Ceton InfiniTV4
NAS: 16TB, unRaid Plus, Asus H87I-Plus mini-ITX, Intel Core i3-4130, 16GB Ram, Fractal Node 304 case
10 Clients: HD-300, HD-200, SageWin10, Plex, AndroidMiniClient
Old 03-26-2016, 04:59 PM
SageTVaholic

The Calendar view is interesting.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm late to this game. I just started using V9 after messing with Plex and having issues installing the plugins that Plex needs. This led me to also install BMT. I'm still trying to learn to use BMT effectively. I'm able to change some metadata. My titles on imported files moved to recordings look like "titlewithnospaces" and including the quotes. Is it feasible to install the the Web UI on V9?
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 MB, Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz, Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD Black NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD120EFAX 12TB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 1x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, Colossus 2, WinTV-DualHD USB, Windows 11 64bit
Old 02-18-2017, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes the web UI should work with V9. The only issue is with the latest version of Java the /apps landing page that folks used to access the Sage Jetty web apps does not work. But the web page does work at /sage/Home - and it is case sensitive.