SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ceton + Fios + MLB Extra Innings = freezes

Does anyone else use a ceton with Fios and subscribe to MLB extra innings? If you subscribe to extra innings you know that there are HD games and non-HD games. The non HD games are actually HD broadcasts that are scaled down to SD for some reason (licensing I'm sure). But that's a different story. My issue is that the nonHD games all freeze up for a second every few seconds. It is not regular at all. Sometimes I can go 20 seconds without a freeze. Sometimes it freezes 4 times in 15 seconds. HD shows and games are fine. All other SD shows are fine I have a low pass filter so that is not the problem. Does anyone else have this? If I watch on my fios box it does not freeze so it is definitely sage and the ceton. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok. Does anyone have fios and ceton and extra innings and everything works beautifully?
Old 06-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Sage Expert

I do not have a ceton, but have the Homerun Prime. I also do not have MLB. But on weekends, I have had problems with FIOS and some channels. I have an amplifier that i have been meaning to hook up to see if that fixes the problem. My goal is to get rid of the STB and HD PVR. If this works, i am adding another prime.
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2