SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

OTA and Cable on same machine

Hi everyone, I am trying to get both OTA and Cable epg data to show up in the guide.
I am currently running the latest ver 9 on a win7sp1 machine with a amd processor, and 8gigs of memory.
Using schedules direct with two lineups.
Ceton Infinitv 6, hdhomerun dual and hdhomerun connect for tuners.
Whats happening is that I see all the shows in the video resource for both my HDhomerun and my Ceton but the guide does not show the ota channels for the same channels that are in the cable lineup.
Example:
OTA 47.1 WJAX-HD
Cable 433 WJAXDT
I can see 433 but 47.1 does not show.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:10 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfofd View Post
Hi everyone, I am trying to get both OTA and Cable epg data to show up in the guide.
I am currently running the latest ver 9 on a win7sp1 machine with a amd processor, and 8gigs of memory.
Using schedules direct with two lineups.
Ceton Infinitv 6, hdhomerun dual and hdhomerun connect for tuners.
Whats happening is that I see all the shows in the video resource for both my HDhomerun and my Ceton but the guide does not show the ota channels for the same channels that are in the cable lineup.
Example:
OTA 47.1 WJAX-HD
Cable 433 WJAXDT
I can see 433 but 47.1 does not show.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If the channel has the same ID it will not show up as a separate channel in the EPG. Sage still has use of both tuners for that channel, though, and will pick whatever one it thinks is best to use.

If you say remove channel 433 from your lineup channel 47.1 will appear in the EPG. Then if you add 433 back it won't show up in the EPG, but 47.1 will still be there.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

ota and cable epg

Thanks for your reply KarylFStein,
So there is no way to record on both those channels at the same time??
I'm trying to test how reliable my ota is before shutting down the cable.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

How about setting up some recordings for the middle of the night and just pull the plug on the ceton before everyone goes to bed? Just an idea. I try to do all my testing early in the morning before the family gets up....
Old 05-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

I don't know of a way to record the same show of different tuners. Do you have a spare computer you could put SageTV on and connect to the OTA device?
Old 05-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry for the late reply. I do have a machine that I can use, but wanted to keep it on one machine.. Thanks all for help I will just use two different machines.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

There is one option, if that station is listed twice, for example once as HD and once as SD, you could map the SD guide channel to the HD physical channel. Then Sage would see it as two separate channels and not combine them. Then you'd be able to record both at the same time.