SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Sage User

Repeat Remote Button Clicks Not Detected

Time to turn to the experts.

I'm using an ATI Remote Wonder Plus with the RW KeyFactory and RW KeyMaster to create keystrokes when a button is clicked. Everything works great except...when I click the same button multiple times, SageTV only responds to the first two clicks. SageTV will only respond to that button again after I click another button. It makes it very difficult to scroll down to the different menu options. I can view the X10 log in realtime, which shows the button pushes, and each push is detected even though SageTV isn't responding.

Has anyone had this issue and better yet found a solution?

I'm using Sage 6.6.2.218
Old 03-26-2010, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Never used those softwares (RW KeyFactory/Master), but is there a way to use windows Mesages, or call an external program on button pushes? You'll find it far more reliable to use the SendMessage utillity that is included with sage to control sage, than to use keystrokes.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-30-2010, 04:38 AM
Sage User

Sure, ATI does provide an API to create your own plugin for the Remote Wonder. I tried it and so far it's working pretty well using SendMessage calls with the appropriate event code. At least after all this effort I can make the plugin control Sage while it is not in focus.

By the way...a reboot cleared up the "repeat button" problem, but I don't consider that a fix. But if I see the issue again I've got something I can debug.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:14 AM
SageTVaholic

It's been along time, but I thought there was an ATI Remote Wonder plugin floating around here that if you load it into the ATI software, it automatically maps the buttons to Sage. I could be wrong though, I haven't used mine in years.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 03-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Sage User

There are two existing plugins that I know of. One is by nielm, which seems to have gone out of date since it doesn't support Java 1.6 so it didn't work for me. This one was nice because supposedly it controlled SageTV without it having to be in focus.

The other is KeyFactory, which maps button clicks to keystrokes that you would then have to bind within SageTV. This could be used by any application that responded to keystrokes.

Prompted by Fuzzy I wrote my own remote wonder plugin to create Windows SendMessages on button presses, which works basically the same as nielm's. Using SendMessage is noticably more responsive than using keyboard shortcuts. I can't explain why that is, but I have a solution for now. If anyone comes across this thread, I'd be happy to share the code.

Tags
ati, keyfactory, remote, x10