SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Sage User

Question Server Loss

I am experiencing very weird behavior with my home network. My network consists of:
DSL modem
connected to
Linksys router running DD-WRT
connected to
D-Link 8 port Gigabit Switch
connected to
Windows Home Server
Computer
Canon Printer
2 HD 200s
Wii
D-Link 5 port Gigabit Switch
connected to
PS3
HD 200
Computer

Now for the weird behavior. I can go for weeks using any HD 200 without experiencing any issue connecting to the Sage server. If I connect to the internet using my PS3 and then try to use any of my HD 200s, the HD 200s do not see the server. I can use any computer and see the server and the internet after this happens. If I look at the D-Link 8 port switch, all the port lights will be blinking.

To reset the system, I have to first unplug the D-Link 5 port switch and then unplug the D-Link 8 port switch. After a few seconds, I can plug them back in reversing the order. I can then turn any HD 200 on and it will connect to the Sage server. To add another interesting tidbit, I changed routers for a short period of time to a NetGear router. While using the NetGear router, I experienced no issues. The NetGear router recently died and I brought out the old trusty Linksys router running DD WRT - wahla - the problem returned.

Any network guru have an idea what might be happening to cause this issue?
WHS - Athlon 64 X2 4850e, Corsair 2GB DDR2 800 memory, 4.6 TB Western Digital Green Power (64k Clusters), Hauppauge HVR 1250, HVR 2250, and PVR 150 tuners for qam and analog, LG bluray drive, 3 HD 200s in extender mode on Gigabit Network; Sage Server v6.6.2.218, Java 1.6.0

Tags
d-link, ps3, server loss, switch