SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Mac Edition

Notices

SageTV Mac Edition Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Mac edition. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Mac edition should be posted here.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Sage User

Unable to perform any updates

Hi all, so I go into detailed setup, advanced and click on update and I get this error message.

"Unable to download the STV file set update version information"

I am currently stuck at version 2009092201, this is a brand new install of SageTV. The reason that I am trying to perform the update is because my HD200 is spontaneously rebooting every-time I hit the watch live TV button, I have had no problems until today and have not changed anything so I have no idea why it just started rebooting. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Datoney
Old 12-10-2010, 03:14 AM
Sage User

I would also like to know why any updates are not possible on this. I do not have any idea why this error message flashes every time we go for an update. I had also tried this and got struck at the same problem. And I think that once you update it your rebooting problem will automatically stop. Now, on the update error I will let you know if I get any breakthrough. I am working on it.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Sage User

You have to to it manually

I had this same problem and contacted Sage support. Their answer was to do it manually. Instructions are in http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43453. After following the instructions (downloading the zip file and installing), it worked fine.

FYI, I had the same problem with HDHomeRun not updating, and the solution was similar: download the files manually and install that way.

- Ken