SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-18-2019, 12:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

@sic0048 are you using the dynamic or raw consumer?
Old 12-18-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emveepee View Post
@dapharsyde although possibly not related to your problem, I see an issue in your logs perhaps with my understanding of the protocal. OpenDCT is trying to create a file to tell us about the DRM issue instead of streaming it over the Media port.

I was passing a filename 'stdout' as reference for myself thinking it was never used, maybe this has to be a valid filename on the server.

Back to my post, I will try to simplify the question. Are any SageTV users using the Ceton device and can it take 20 or 30 seconds on some channels (other than Music Choice)?

Martin
Yea I did notice that too, but I think it is unrelated to the tuning problem. I also have to apologize, the slow tuning behavior I was seeing before is probably a red herring.

The bigger issue I'm having is that tuning to the same channel sometimes reports it as Copy Free, but at other times it is Copy Never. Unfortunately I don't know enough about how the DRM works, but this seems like strange unexpected behavior that could be worked around.

I am happy to provide additional log files if necessary, if somebody could help with this.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapharsyde View Post
Yea I did notice that too, but I think it is unrelated to the tuning problem. I also have to apologize, the slow tuning behavior I was seeing before is probably a red herring.

The bigger issue I'm having is that tuning to the same channel sometimes reports it as Copy Free, but at other times it is Copy Never. Unfortunately I don't know enough about how the DRM works, but this seems like strange unexpected behavior that could be worked around.

I am happy to provide additional log files if necessary, if somebody could help with this.
If you're using the older 4 tuner Ceton model, the issue you're running into is related to analog copy protection flags. They are often discovered a few seconds into streaming and do not always exist; that's why everything seems fine until it isn't. Ceton never put out a firmware that removed that no longer required enforcement for the 4 tuner model. The 6 tuner model on the latest firmware will ignore this flag. If you want to disable the copy protection notifications, you can change error_videos_enabled=true to error_videos_enabled=false in opendct.properties (be sure to stop the service before changing this).
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG