SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > SageTV Marketplace

Notices

SageTV Marketplace This forum is to be used to buy/sell/trade SageTV hardware and software only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-11-2012, 01:48 PM
MitchellSTL MitchellSTL is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: STL
Posts: 3
Andy,

I'm having problems PMing & posting on the site. Everything I post is set up to where a moderator must approve my posts/replies. And when I do find something I want to purchased from the marketplace, PM is turned off for me. I cannot send or receive.

Can you help?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Opus4's Avatar
Opus4 Opus4 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 19,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas View Post
I need some licenses and would like to offer a tuner (not purchased here) for trade. Is that acceptable, since my end-goal to acquire a SageTV product?
What you offer privately is up to you, but the offer/request posted in this forum needs to be a SageTV product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchellSTL View Post
I'm having problems PMing & posting on the site. Everything I post is set up to where a moderator must approve my posts/replies. And when I do find something I want to purchased from the marketplace, PM is turned off for me. I cannot send or receive.
Please see this subforum's rules topic. As the note I posted there earlier today says, new users are moderated for a while. Those accounts will automatically get full posting/PM privileges after a while.

- Andy
__________________
SageTV Open Source v9 is available.
- Read the SageTV FAQ. Older PDF User's Guides mostly still apply: SageTV V7.0 & SageTV Studio v7.1.
- Hauppauge remote help: 1) Basics/Extending it 2) Replace it 3) Use it w/o needing focus
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-14-2012, 07:32 PM
KeithAbbott KeithAbbott is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeastern Michigan
Posts: 1,041
Was this forum set up intentionally to default to display only the last two weeks of posts? Almost all of the other SageTV forums default to display posts from the beginning (i.e. first post).
__________________
Server: MSI Z270 SLI Plus ATX Motherboard, Intel i3-7100T CPU, 16GB Memory, unRAID 6.3.2, SageTV & OpenDCT Dockers
Tuners: 2 x SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime Cable TV Tuners, 2 x Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual TV Tuner Boards
Clients: Multiple HD300 Extenders
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 PM
KeithAbbott KeithAbbott is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeastern Michigan
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Was this forum set up intentionally to default to display only the last two weeks of posts? Almost all of the other SageTV forums default to display posts from the beginning (i.e. first post).
Bump.
__________________
Server: MSI Z270 SLI Plus ATX Motherboard, Intel i3-7100T CPU, 16GB Memory, unRAID 6.3.2, SageTV & OpenDCT Dockers
Tuners: 2 x SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime Cable TV Tuners, 2 x Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual TV Tuner Boards
Clients: Multiple HD300 Extenders
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Opus4's Avatar
Opus4 Opus4 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 19,595
Yes.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-24-2012, 05:41 AM
routerunner's Avatar
routerunner routerunner is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 1,377
Is it fair to sell extender parts separately?

I think there should be a clear policy that doesn't allow people from selling separately the parts that were originally in the package, for instance, I can see people that sold their HD300 without the breakout cable and other people looking to buy one, why? What are you going to do with your breakout cable once you sold your HD300? The breakout cable is integral part of the extender and has no use elsewhere, hence it shouldn't be possible to sell it separately.

In my opinion it shouldn't be allowed to sell separately what wasn't possible to buy before as accessory because is not fair for the buyer and not correct for the seller.

Of course if you have purchased an extra remote or the IR external cable then you should be allowed to selling it, otherwise I think is not fair for the market.
__________________

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll


Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-24-2012, 05:59 AM
KeithAbbott KeithAbbott is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeastern Michigan
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
I think there should be a clear policy that doesn't allow people from selling separately the parts that were originally in the package, for instance, I can see people that sold their HD300 without the breakout cable and other people looking to buy one, why? What are you going to do with your breakout cable once you sold your HD300? The breakout cable is integral part of the extender and has no use elsewhere, hence it shouldn't be possible to sell it separately.

In my opinion it shouldn't be allowed to sell separately what wasn't possible to buy before as accessory because is not fair for the buyer and not correct for the seller.

Of course if you have purchased an extra remote or the IR external cable then you should be allowed to selling it, otherwise I think is not fair for the market.
I don't believe it's a matter of people intentionally not including the breakout cable when they sell their HD300, I think it is more that they may have thrown away or lost track of the breakout cable, because they did not initially need it and did not think they would ever be migrating away from SageTV.

Following your logic, someone who has lost their breakout cable would not be allowed to sell their HD300, which hardly seems fair. My opinion is let the buyer beware; make sure you understand what is and is not included in the deal before you complete the deal.
__________________
Server: MSI Z270 SLI Plus ATX Motherboard, Intel i3-7100T CPU, 16GB Memory, unRAID 6.3.2, SageTV & OpenDCT Dockers
Tuners: 2 x SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime Cable TV Tuners, 2 x Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual TV Tuner Boards
Clients: Multiple HD300 Extenders
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-24-2012, 06:22 AM
routerunner's Avatar
routerunner routerunner is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
I don't believe it's a matter of people intentionally not including the breakout cable when they sell their HD300, I think it is more that they may have thrown away or lost track of the breakout cable, because they did not initially need it and did not think they would ever be migrating away from SageTV.
I'm not saying that is intentional, but throwing away an integral part of a kit because you're not using it at the moment, is like you're buying a bicycle and remove the brakes because you normally use your feet to stop
__________________

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll


Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forum Rules Opus4 General Discussion 4 09-10-2009 11:52 AM
Sage TV RULES karpodiem General Discussion 2 03-24-2008 09:42 AM
DVB Udev rules bcjenkins SageTV Linux 5 10-05-2007 08:34 PM
Diskspace Rules? jpwegas SageTV Linux 13 08-31-2007 09:27 AM
New DST Rules hmca General Discussion 3 02-27-2007 09:02 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.