SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

epg down?

set up a new machine and it only got half the guide. going through the steps to reset the epg info it now says it cannot connect to the epg server when I try to add a video source.

checking on another machine (doing the add remove channel to trick the epg into updating) well that machine doesn't seem to be working either.

could someone confirm or deny that the epg is up for me?

Also I upgraded from 7.19 to 9 - and didn't put the key in the installer. I don't think I needed to as it is an upgrade... right? if it is can someone tell me where I can put it in?
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 03-12-2016, 09:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePaladinTech View Post
Also I upgraded from 7.19 to 9 - and didn't put the key in the installer. I don't think I needed to as it is an upgrade... right? if it is can someone tell me where I can put it in?
You absolutely need to enter the key, even on an upgrade. SageTV 9 stores the key differently so it must be entered.

If you didn't enter it during the install you need to go to the FAQ and enter it as an Environment Variable on Windows.

FAQ entry....

k

Last edited by jusjoken; 03-12-2016 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 03-12-2016, 02:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

woooh - thank you so much jusjoken! all is well... well at least with SageTV. was up quite late last night setting my mom up. need to reflash a nexus player, get another tuner working. and replace a failing os drive on my brothers storage server.
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300