SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-31-2016, 10:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've been running two servers with SageTV V9 on Win10 and V7 on Win7. Both have a Ceton PCIe x 6 and Avermedia Duet ATSC x 2, but I also have two STBs on the SageTV V7 system via 2 x HD-PVRs. Both systems have been working fine with OpenDCT. The V7 is my main system and the V9 has been experimental.

I was interested in going all in on V9 by moving my HD-PVRs to the V9 system and copying wiz.bin from the V7 system to the V9 system. Which brings me to a couple of questions:

(1) If I simply copy wiz.bin from the V7 system to the V9 system, will that make my HD-PVR setups automatically appear and function on the V9 system? Or will I have to re-setup? (Also using USB-UIRT for IR control).

I may try to move just one of the HD-PVRs 1st and control with a 2nd USB-UIRT.

(2) If I ever had to re-install V9, my process would be to 1st install V7 and update, then replace the jars, exes and STV files. Is this the only method that always works? (Not sure about the success of any installers).
Old 04-04-2016, 04:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
I imaged my system before doing that just in case, but I've never looked back. The developer for OpenDCT is so active here in the forum, responsive, and just plain friendly that I wouldn't hesitate to make that upgrade again. He is extremely detail oriented and will help *anyone* struggling with their OpenDCT install.

Still on V7 here.
Just curious, what imaging software do you use?
Client: Mini-Client, ShieldTV
Client: (2) Mini-Client, Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 04-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecore View Post
(2) If I ever had to re-install V9, my process would be to 1st install V7 and update, then replace the jars, exes and STV files. Is this the only method that always works? (Not sure about the success of any installers).
The Windows installer has been successful for most users especially on any OS prior to Win 10 (and even some users on Win 10 have reported success).

Check out the link in my signature.

k