SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > SageTV Marketplace

Notices

SageTV Marketplace This forum is to be used to buy/sell/trade SageTV hardware and software only.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:52 AM

v7 placeshifter key/license

Is there any way to get a version 7 placeshifter key/license? The complimentary upgrade to v7 was very nice and appreciated, but my use is strictly streaming with placeshifter and now, with Windows 7 I'm SOL!

buy?

TIA
Old 07-24-2013, 09:32 AM

Is there any way for me to get a version 7 placeshifter license/key?

I use STV exclusively for streaming to 1 remote client, and that client has upgraded to Windows 7.

TIA
Old 07-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
25 bucks
Old 07-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebat View Post
Is there any way for me to get a version 7 placeshifter license/key?

I use STV exclusively for streaming to 1 remote client, and that client has upgraded to Windows 7.

TIA
Do you mean you already have a placeshifter license and now want one to work with Windows 7? If so, the existing placeshifter license would still work.

If you don't have any placeshifter licenses, then that's a different story...

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:31 PM

Thank you very much for your reply.

I guess my post was a little ambiguous. Let me explain.

I bought a legit license/key for SageTV 6.4.8 and one Placeshifter license/key for Placeshifter 6.4.8. I bought it all as a package with a Hauppauge 1600 eons ago from Sage to stream content to my brother in Chicago.

I recently wiped and reloaded my XP SageTV (server) computer. After reinstalling everything, I had problems getting both v6 and v7 (with the downloaded exe's) to work properly. I just (wrongly) assumed that the problem was that I didn't have a v7 Placeshifter key and that I needed a v7 Placeshifter key to use Windows 7 at the client.

However, I think I've figured out the problem. It appears that I had the latest version of Java installed and that Sage appears to want the version that is embedded in the install. Whenever I remove the latest version of Java and let Sage install the embedded Java 6 update 4, everything starts to work.

So, I now understand what you are saying - I have a legit v6 placeshifter key and that should work with the v7 upgrade software posted on this forum.

I hope this explains my situation a little better and I guess all I need to run v7 Sage at the server and the client is a legit v6 SageTV and v6 Placeshifter key.

Please let me know if this makes sense because if there is any reason that I really need the v7 key, I have no problem coughing up $25 for it (I still might decide to buy it anyhow in case I ever need to stream to two clients).

Thanks again for your help!

On second thought, if the poster will give me the required information (e.g. Paypal, etc), I will purchase the extra placeshifter key.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,
if you paypal $25 to rita at newmoon . de
I will send you a Key within a few hours.

Marneb17
Old 07-28-2013, 12:01 PM

Got one, thanks. Everything working fine.