SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2022, 06:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Goodbye to SageTV after nearly 20 years

I've been a SageTV user since 2003 and still consider it the best open source DVR available. A recent move caused me to re-evaluate my setup, 2 HD PVRs connected to two cable boxes (Spectrum is my provider) and streaming using a HD300. Now I'm using apps on my AppleTV, my cable boxes (costing me and additional $20 per month, ridiculous for 1980' s technology!) have been replaced by the Spectrum App with cloud DVR. I haven't completely abandoned Sage, I still have the Sage mini client on a FireTV stick with a HD HomeRun as a video source. Thanks to all the developers and users who have made this such a great product.