SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-07-2018, 07:17 PM
kegler kegler is offline
Sage User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 16
End of Service for the Weather Underground API

This service, which has been in use (googleweather plugin) for many years, will end after 12/31/2018.

end-of-service-for-the-weather-underground-api

They have yet to publish the the specs for the new API let alone what options we may have, if any.


For developers who use WU API data for non-commercial purposes, you will have access to a new plan for a personal use, low call volume API. Stay tuned for more details as we build this out.


Except that there are currently no more details.

Looks like IBM (the owner now days) wants to monetize it. Many of the PWS owners are not happy either.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-16-2018, 10:09 AM
tmiranda's Avatar
tmiranda tmiranda is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Florida, USA
Posts: 5,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by kegler View Post
This service, which has been in use (googleweather plugin) for many years, will end after 12/31/2018.

end-of-service-for-the-weather-underground-api

They have yet to publish the the specs for the new API let alone what options we may have, if any.


For developers who use WU API data for non-commercial purposes, you will have access to a new plan for a personal use, low call volume API. Stay tuned for more details as we build this out.


Except that there are currently no more details.

Looks like IBM (the owner now days) wants to monetize it. Many of the PWS owners are not happy either.
I've looked into this a little bit. If worse comes to worse I think making a plugin to get the forecast from the NWS will not be too bad.
__________________

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2018, 03:23 PM
jusjoken jusjoken is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 2,195
Was thinking of updating phoenix to support openweathermap so we had another option. Did not know NWS had an API... i will look.

k
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-18-2018, 03:43 PM
tmiranda's Avatar
tmiranda tmiranda is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Florida, USA
Posts: 5,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Was thinking of updating phoenix to support openweathermap so we had another option. Did not know NWS had an API... i will look.

k
The NWS API was not bad at all. I have the Java code written if you want to use it in the STV.
__________________

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-18-2018, 09:04 PM
jusjoken jusjoken is offline
Sage Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
The NWS API was not bad at all. I have the Java code written if you want to use it in the STV.
That would be great. Right now my project is the windows 64 bit installer to support what wnjj has built and that is taking all my time but let me know where can get the source or pm me with a link or i can pm an email address.

k
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-19-2018, 05:28 AM
tmiranda's Avatar
tmiranda tmiranda is offline
SageTVaholic
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central Florida, USA
Posts: 5,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
That would be great. Right now my project is the windows 64 bit installer to support what wnjj has built and that is taking all my time but let me know where can get the source or pm me with a link or i can pm an email address.

k
PM me your email address.
__________________

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weather Underground saying FU to API users wayner SageTV v9 Customizations 2 06-13-2018 03:14 PM
Weird weather on Weather Underground sacrament055 Gemstone for v7 13 05-27-2013 10:13 AM
The Weather Channel eliminating free weather data feed iolaus SageTV Software 69 08-26-2012 11:17 AM
Using Weather Network as a feed for Canadian Weather Fastrack SageTV Customizations 2 03-22-2009 09:47 PM
weather.com weather extractor for mlbdude2 1.8.7 (v1.0.1 / July 6) nielm SageTV Customizations 105 10-08-2004 06:54 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.