SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Sage User

Favorites on both Standard Def and HD Channel

Does anyone know of a way to tell Sage to prioritize the recording of a show on its HD channel vs the standard definition channel?

Example: I have both CBS Standard Def and High-Def enabled in Sage, however I would like Sage to record my favorites first, if available, from the CBS-HD channel, and if that is not possible then on another channel, such as CBS Standard Def.

In the favorites I can select CBS-HD however that would prevent Sage from locating such a show on another channel in case of conflicts and record it at a later time.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Administrator

It should already prefer HD over SD for Favorites, unless it needs to record the SD airing to automatically resolve a conflict. If the EPG info doesn't mark the airing as HD, then it won't know the airing is HD & won't prioritize between them.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Sage User

That is what it did last week before I reinstalled everything on the new PC, however now I seem to find no way of doing it. The airings are indeed marked as HD, unless I am missing something on how they should be identified.

Any clues?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:23 AM
Sage User

I analyzed my Sage based on your response and indeed, strangely, some TV shows albeit shown on the HD channel are not tagged as being HD. Kind of a bummer since their quality is anyhow better in HD broadcasting than SD, but I take that problem is caused by the TV guide not tagging them.

Thanks.