SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Weird WHS recorded TV listings

For some reason I am getting duplicated entries in my Recorded TV listings hosted on my WHS box.
My recording folder is \\Server\SageTV
I am getting recordings showing using that folder and I am also getting some recordings showing d:\shares\SageTV as the location for the video file?
I have tried moving the files from that location - refresh info - check that they are gone - then move themack - refresh again - and in some cases there are wo entries again?
Any ideas what I can do to get Sage to 'forget' about d:\shares\SageTV?
I looked through my Sage.properties file and there is no reference to d: at all.
I also checked my BMT and there is no references there - I don't know where else to check.
Thanks for any help!
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
EXTERNAL DEVICES: 4x HD-PVR's Firewire Channel Changing
TUNERS:NO LONGER RECORDING LIVETV
CLIENTS: 2xHD300 2xHD200 SONY ANDROIDTV MINI-CLIENT
Old 11-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

If these duplicate recordings are showing up only when you view the drive/directories on the WHS itself, then that appears normal. This is how WHS stores the files on it's system. If you are seeing them duplicated in the SageTV interface then that is different.

Grant
Old 11-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes - it it in my Recorded TV of Sage when I look at them on my extenders.
When I look at the detailed info of the recordings I can see the two different paths being shown.

Recording #1:
d:\shares\SageTV\Caprica-EndofLine-5883697-0.mpg

Recording #2:
\\Server\SageTV\Caprica-EndofLine-5883697-0.mpg

That gives me a thought though - maybe I should check the sage.properties of my extenders!?

**** NOPE - couldn't find anything in the extenders properties either.
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB

Last edited by dstanley; 11-25-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

It almost sounds as though the imported directory path is pointing to somewhere higher up the server's directory structure and is including both instances of the same directory?

Just guessing..

Grant
Old 11-25-2010, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you seeing BOTH of them disappear when you move the files out and rescan? Also check your import folders as well as the recordings folder, to make sure sage isnt' seeing d:\... as a video import folder.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstanley View Post
Yes - it it in my Recorded TV of Sage when I look at them on my extenders.
When I look at the detailed info of the recordings I can see the two different paths being shown.

Recording #1:
d:\shares\SageTV\Caprica-EndofLine-5883697-0.mpg

Recording #2:
\\Server\SageTV\Caprica-EndofLine-5883697-0.mpg

That gives me a thought though - maybe I should check the sage.properties of my extenders!?

**** NOPE - couldn't find anything in the extenders properties either.
SageTV still sees the recordings in d:\shares\SageTV so it won't remove them from its database. When you converted to an UNC pathname, it associated the recordings with that pathname as well. To get the d:\shares\SageTV recordings out, SageTV needs to see that directory as empty. Here is what I would do...

1. First, make a copy of your wiz.bin and sage.properties files and store them someplace safe. If the recordings list gets even more screwed up, you can revert back using these backed up files.
2. Create a new share for the recordings. \\Server\SageTV Recordings
3. Add the new \\Server\SageTV Recordings UNC pathname and add the d:\shares\SageTV pathname back to SageTV.
4. Shutdown the SageTV Service
5. Move the recordings from \\Server\SageTV to \\Server\SageTV Recordings
6. Restart the SageTV Service and give it a few minutes to complete its media scan

During the media scan, SageTV should see d:\shares\SageTV and \\Server\SageTV as empty and remove any recordings associated with those pathnames from its database. It should pickup all of the recordings from the new \\Server\SageTV Recordings directory. Once the media scan is complete, check the recording list and also check the imported videos list to be sure none of the recordings became ophaned and dumped into the imported videos list. In the event that recordings become orphaned, check the FAQ sticky post for details on how to do Advanced Video File Recovery.

Before any new recordings are made, you should remove the d:\shares\sagetv and \\Server\SageTV pathnames from SageTV. If you prefer \\Server\SageTV instead of \\Server\SageTV Recordings, then just remove d:\shares\sagetv from SageTV, shutdown SageTV, move the recordings back to \\Server\SageTV, restart SageTV, let the media scan finish, and then remove the \\Server\SageTV Recordings.

If during any of this things get hosed even worse than they are now, shutdown SageTV, move the recordings back to \\Server\SageTV, and copy back the backed up wiz.bin and sage.properties file. Then restart SageTV and it should all be back to the way it was before you started.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 3.2GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u201, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 11-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you Jason.
This worked exactly as you described it would and I am all fixed up again - woohoo!
I really appreciate the time and detail you spent describing the fix - it makes perfect sense when you see it spelled out like that - great job.