SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

Web server and Sage 7.x

I've read the threads on the Web Server add-in for Sage 7.
Is there a clear procedure for installing/using it with Sage 7? I see a lot of disjoint comments, but haven't found a step by step procedure. Perhaps it's now dependent on another plugin related to Java?

I just want a: do step 1, 2, 3 and it will work, or a statement, no, the web server isn't viable for Sage 7 without a lot of experimentation - whichever is the case.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Sage Icon

Wouldn't you just go to the plugin interface and install it?
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 06-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Sage Icon

Ah, well that caused me to discover:
I'm using Sage 7 at the server, but the PC client is the older blue-swish Sage3 UI - becuase of the larger fonts, higher contrast needed in this household.

And the Plugins choice isn't in that menu.

So I switched to the Sage 7 UI and saw the plugins list choice.
It lists the older "sageTV web interface" 2.3 by nielm et al, but not compatible.
The other is Jetty Web Server. I guessed I want the "server" side installation. Ran that choice. Fumbled blindly for some time.
web server on port 8080:/apps is responding.
now trying to find where to read for how to get the content server for Sage's EPG and so on to be an app of jetty.

I remember running the Sage control web server years ago with Sage and it was straightforward and had a simple document on installing/using.

Apparently the crib sheet for Sage is at
http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki/Jetty

trying to find where it is said how to get ye ole nielm web server app going.

Last edited by stevech; 06-09-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:24 AM
SageTVaholic

SageTV Web Interface is the one you want. It requires Jetty as a dependency, but will install it automatically if not present. Version 2.3 requires SageTV 7.1.5 or better; that's probably why you're getting a "not compatible" message.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

7.1 is still beta, though, right? I'm having the same issue trying to get it installed. If I can't do it through the plugin installer yet, what instructions should I follow?
Old 06-11-2011, 10:41 AM
SageTVaholic

You install it through the plugin manager. There is no other way. If you need an older version, you could try contacting the plugin author. Only the current version is available in the master repository.

It's just a fact of life that plugin devs like to be at the forefront of beta development in order to have access to the latest features and APIs. If you're not comfortable using betas, then you're going to find that there are some plugins you can't use.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

I actually don't mind working with betas - it's more that I just upgraded to 7.0, and it was surprising to me that the webserver was not yet available; I thought I was doing something wrong.

Besides that, I haven't purchased my upgrade yet, so I'm using a trial key. Can you use a beta install without having a full license? If not, it isn't a huge deal. I can just wait until I buy my upgrade and then install the beta at that point. And in the interim, the mobile web sever works through jetty well enough.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:01 AM
SageTVaholic

You can install the beta on your trial license (but it won't reset the clock on your trial).
Old 09-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Sage Icon

Once I install the web server in V7 how can I access the setup? I want to specify the usernames, passwords and port configuration (ie: 8080). Also, I'm curious, does one need a placeshifter license for the web server? Also, how many may watch TV in a browser utilizing the web server at the same time?

Thanks,
Mike