SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

File naming - remove "DVD:" ?

I've searched for this, I'm sure its buried somewhere in here. What I am wondering is when you browse in Sage by Videos - Folders and go to let say Movies - Drama the list of movies comes up in order
1. folders
2. File
3. DVD:

I'm wondering if there is an option to have Sage not add the DVD: portion at the begining so that the Files and DVD:'s can list A - Z instead of Files A - Z then DVD: A - Z

Or even have Sage leave the DVD: but ignore it for when listing the files names so everything is just A - Z

Cheers

2xhd300
Old 02-13-2014, 06:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

I found a solution for this a couple of years ago because it annoyed me as well. The fix requires editing the SageTV7.xml file.

Here are the steps for fixing the sort order. Some of the line number references will be off because I wrote this so long ago but just search for the text to change and you should be fine.

Here are the steps for removing "DVD:" in the title:
Remove the text from
<Action Name="&quot;BD: &quot; + VideoTitle" Sym="OPUS4A-178692">
<Action Name="&quot;DVD: &quot; + VideoTitle" Sym="OPUS4A-178696">
<Action Name="VideoFileName" Sym="OPUS4A-178698"> (line 23150)
So it looks like
<Action Name="&quot; &quot;" Sym="OPUS4A-178685">
<Action Name="&quot; &quot;" Sym="OPUS4A-178692">
<Action Name="&quot; &quot;" Sym="OPUS4A-178692">

Here are the steps to remove the title overlay for videos when you do a thumbnail view (e.g., 5 across by 3 rows):
Find <Action Name="gBlackBGFillSquareImage" Sym="OPUS4A-178678"> and set the Alpha to 0

Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Case: Antec 1200 with 4 iStarUSA trayless hot-swap cages (20 drives max)
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Capture Cards: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro 4, Hauppauge 60 HD-PVR
Players: 5 HD300s, 2 HD200s, 1 Client, 1 MiniClient
Old 02-13-2014, 06:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

I've uploaded my custom XML file to save you the leg work. This XML file is for the standard v7.1 UI.

Place the file in <SageTV DIR>STVs\SageTV7 and then load it on each extender/client.

Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Case: Antec 1200 with 4 iStarUSA trayless hot-swap cages (20 drives max)
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Capture Cards: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro 4, Hauppauge 60 HD-PVR
Players: 5 HD300s, 2 HD200s, 1 Client, 1 MiniClient
Old 02-13-2014, 06:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks you! That is amazing. I will get to this later today and let you know my results.

Really appreciate it.

2xhd300
Old 02-13-2014, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

This might be painful in the short term but move to one of the new UIs, like Gemstone, and you won't browse by Folders as everything is done by metadata. As long as your metadata is good you will have no idea whether a file is a TV recording, an imported rip (like a .mkv or .avi) or a DVD folder structure.

I wasn't crazy about this at first but now that I am used to it there is no going back.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
This might be painful in the short term but move to one of the new UIs, like Gemstone, and you won't browse by Folders as everything is done by metadata. As long as your metadata is good you will have no idea whether a file is a TV recording, an imported rip (like a .mkv or .avi) or a DVD folder structure.

I wasn't crazy about this at first but now that I am used to it there is no going back.

I have tried Gemstone and Phoenix, as you said you weren't crazy... I'm not to hot on them, at least the video flow. I'm so used to the standard UI.

Though I did try this fix and it's not working, pretty sure I did everything properly... the instructions aren't that complicated

I have been going through all 6000+ videos on the server standardizing all the names for BMT as I want it to scrape for proper thumbnails and metadata. I really need to read more into Gemstone.

2xhd300
Old 02-13-2014, 03:32 PM
SageTVaholic

To be honest this is really only applicable for Movies. I use the Movie Wall view in Gemstone (and previously in Diamond) which essentially gives you something like a 7x3 grid of movie posters. I have it split up into regular movies and kids' movies.

I also have TONS of kids TV shows that are imported into TV. I use a slightly altered version of the stock TV view with banners down the left side of the screen and an info pattern on the right. But I have had to spend a fair bit of time cleaning up the metadat through the years to get everything correct.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

I haven't played with them enough to really understand what was going on. I generally use the Folder view as I have all my videos split by TV, Movies and Kids.. then into the different genres. If the custom UI's put everything together it's not going to work for me, though I do like the wall of movie posters.

I remember trying BMT ages ago, I think just on it's own, but since the file names weren't standardized it really only worked for about 20% of the videos.

I have noticed that something is writing property files for each video, I'm not sure what is doing that, could be Phoenix or Gemstone, though they are disabled.

I would like to figure out why this custom renaming XML isn't working

2xhd300