SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Sage Expert

Question Creating a custom command

I'm not sure if this is part of the core or if it is a function of SageMC so I'm posting it here.

What I want to do is be able to call an external program when I select a menu item on a menu. Further, but not as important, I would like to tie that menu item button or somehow be able to call that external program by linking it to an IR button on my remote. I see that there are spots for Custom1,2,3,4,etc in Detailed Setup->Commands, but how do you assign functionality to them?

Can someone point me to some documentation that explains how to do these things or explain them to me if it's not too much trouble. This is the last piece in the puzzle to get things just right with my setup. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Sage User

Did you get anywhere with this as I am trying to do the same thing
Old 05-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Sage Expert

Nope. No one seems interested in doing this.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have not done this but I had been all over the menus several times and have come across these bits that may be of help.

If you are using SageMc and you go to the home screen, place focus on a menu item, press options, under the "New" section there is a line for New External Program. I have not used it so I am not sure but it sounds like something that you should look into.

In regards to Customs, the linking of a keyboard or remote button to each of the Customs can be accomplished under Sage setup Commands link kb/remote to sage command. This much I have been able to accomplish.

If you go back to the same options under the Home screen then under Edit Menu Item there is an option to Set Shortcut key. The Customs is one of the options. I have been successful at doing this but not get it to work at least for TVE using EventGhost but it has not been a priority for me to solve. Maybe someone that reads this post knows?

Good luck!
Main Server: Intel Core i5 Processor i5-670, MSI Motherboard H57M-ED65, Corsair 4 GB PC3-12800, Intel 320 Series 160 GB SSD, Western Digital 150 GB VelociRaptor, LIAN-LI PC-C36B Case, Vista 64 Home Premium, JavaHeap = 1,200. +Network Encoder.
Storage: HP487 with 37.5TB of storage.
Extenders: x2 HD300 x6 HD200.
Tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1950 USB x3, USBIRT.
Adds-in:Many!.
Others: Sony BDVE500W, OPPO HM-31 dvanced HDMI 1.3 1080p Switch, Harmony One.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post

If you go back to the same options under the Home screen then under Edit Menu Item there is an option to Set Shortcut key. The Customs is one of the options.
This is the part that I was overlooking. I'll try to tie it to Custom1 and then assign an IR code to Custom1 . Sounds very promising. Thanks for pointing out that option!