SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Sage Expert

while switching from a HD200 to HD300 I screwed something up...

how do I fix this?
first off, the HD300 is noticeably faster than the hd200
but I have one minor issue that I actually made worse...
on the list view the fanart background part is covering up like half the description text, so when the fanart is mostly a black background, as it is on most of my movies, you can't read the description...
so, I read this thread:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51820
and checked out this wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/sagemediamanager/wiki/MainWiki
(just preemptively wikilinking, so plucky doesn't need too)
and did what it says...
it did not change the list view 'description panel' area (or whatever it is called) issue, but it did mess up all my box/cover thumbnail art... it seems they are off center a bit and the actual image is larger then what is being displayed... ie like you zoomed into a corner a bit... not a lot, but enough to look 'wrong'...
although some do look ok...

how do I fix this? is there a wiki link or thread I missed?
Old 12-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Sage Expert

here is a pic of what I mean by the description panel being all screwed up:

and here is a close up of what I mean by the cover art being all screwed up:

note: this is only on the HD300, the HD200 seems fine...
here is what I have for scaling properties:
Code:
DesktopBackgrounds=0x0
DesktopCovers=0x0
DesktopExist=true
DesktopPosters=316x306
DesktopRescaleOnLoad=false
DesktopSmallBackgrounds=0x0
ExtenderBackgrounds=1280x720
ExtenderCovers=172x251
ExtenderExist=true
ExtenderPosters=136x191
ExtenderRescaleOnLoad=true
ExtenderSmallBackgrounds=288x198
also, one little maybe bug or something I noticed: in list view, if you press 2 to jump to 'A' (btw, that's a really great feature... I love that... just 'feels' so natural...) it gets a little wonky, slows way down like it wants to crash, but it just cant, most of the A titles had B titles ghosted under them... I think some of the A titles were missing... just really weird...
I don't know if this is something that is easy to reproduce or just a random bit of weirdness... but unfortunately, I did not have Logging turned on, so what logs I do have are probably worthless...
I can try and reproduce it with logging turned on if you think it will help...
Old 12-18-2010, 12:05 PM
SageTVaholic

you are missing images I almost think you have a bad theme property or a bad extraction. Did you try changing the theme on the hd300 (the mymovies theme not the sage theme).
Old 12-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Sage Expert

mymovies has a theme? i didn't even know that... I will try and look for the mm theme and try changing it... just to see...
I am running the excellent diamond theme on sage... serenity now or something like that... very nice...
Old 12-18-2010, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
mymovies has a theme? i didn't even know that... I will try and look for the mm theme and try changing it... just to see...
I am running the excellent diamond theme on sage... serenity now or something like that... very nice...
Yes options then theme you will want one of the diamond mm themes to match the rest of your sage.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Sage Expert

ok, so I went in and changed my theme to one of the Diamond ones...
just for the record, they do match the Diamond Sage theme pretty good... its almost like someone planned this out
and that fixes the description panel issue, but the cover art still looks all goofy? what could be causing that? and it seems only on the list view... ie the covers looked fine in the cover flow view?
Old 12-18-2010, 10:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
ok, so I went in and changed my theme to one of the Diamond ones...
just for the record, they do match the Diamond Sage theme pretty good... its almost like someone planned this out
and that fixes the description panel issue, but the cover art still looks all goofy? what could be causing that? and it seems only on the list view... ie the covers looked fine in the cover flow view?
What exactly is wrong with it?
Old 12-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
What exactly is wrong with it?
this it what I have, aka goofy:

this is what it should be:

its like the image as been scaled too large, and the bottom and right sides are getting chopped off...
but only in the list view (which happens to be my favorite...) and only on my HD300... it is fine on the HD200...
also note, its every movie, not just this one... I just picked this one as an example because it has a smiley face on it...