SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2007, 07:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Plugin: Sage Job Queue (SJQ)

[This overview is pasted from my online document. Please see the online doc for full details including system requirements and installation. You can download the plugin from here.]

Overview
Sage Job Queue (SJQ) is a loadable class plugin for the SageTV PVR system. With SJQ, you can selectively process your media files based on the contents of the file as stored in the SageTV database. For example, you can setup a ruleset that runs your commercial flagging programs on user scheduled programs only (i.e. don't commercial flag live tv recordings or IR based recordings). You can also specify rules that ignore commercial flagging for recordings from specific channels (say premium channels that don't have commercials). You can also ignore recordings of sports programming (based on program title), etc.

The example above was my motivation for this plugin. I wanted a way to ensure that live tv programs weren't being scanned, I also wanted PPV programs and other channels ignored as well.

Changelog
Code:
v0.0.1 -> v0.1.0
================

* Added new field type: Time
   + Format is: HH:MM:SS, 24 hour format
   + Valid operators: >, <, =
* Added new time field for comparisons:
   + TimeOfDay: Compares the current time of day with the given string; use for restricting time that SJQ will do specific jobs
* Added new boolean fields for comparison:
   + IsClientConnected: Returns true if there is at least one client connected to the SageTV server
   + IsViewingMedia: Returns true if media is being viewed on the Sage instance from which SJQ is being run (see online docs for further details)
* Added more details to SJQ database for completed jobs
   + For each completed action SJQ now records the exe that was run, the file(s) the action was run against and the time the action completed
   + varchar field 'exe' added to recordings table
   + New table 'files' created; records full path of the file and the time the action finished for a given media file id
* Added new table to SJQ database: settings
   + Holds various internal settings, including the schema version of the SJQ database, which is used for upgrading purposes

Last edited by Slugger; 02-11-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: New release of plugin